We've been invited to a JC

by besty 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

sex - hmmm - its not that sort of JC - although....

in the words of Woody Allen:

"Of all the famous men who ever lived, the one I would most like to have been was Socrates. Not just because he was a great thinker, because I have been known to have some reasonably profound insights myself, although mine invariably revolve around a Swedish airline stewardess and some handcuffs"

• Miss Bliss
    Miss Bliss

The only reason I disappeared and faded out without DA'ing myself was out of respect for my witness parents. I did not want them to have to face the humilation that goes along with having a family member DF'ed or DA'ed.

That being said if it wasn't for them I would have gone out with a huge bang and made all sorts of noise and probably popped there bubble about all the other kids drinking and having sex at parties (the kids that everyone thought were so good) Still to this day I wish I had made more noise and gone down in flames.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Besty,

Oh how it makes my blood BOIL!! Apostacy for questions??!! As I told you we recieved the same label when our questions were leaked out by my mother in law.

You may ask your elders: Did Jesus disfellowship Thomas for doubting him?? For having sincere questions regarding Jesus resurection?? Here he was questioning the Son of God!! What was Jesus responce?

Besty I wish you well on what ever you decide to do. Personally if called to a meeting I would NEVER give them the authority over me to belittle me and to ignore my questions. They have NO AUTHORITY over you if you don't "play their game".

However, you may feel it important to go. If you do, I would encourage you to listen to the tape I will reference. It is of a Elder who without the Internet found that same disturbing things and was also disfellowshipped for apostacy. Hear their meeting as it was secretly taped. I think you will get alot of good ideas for your meeting, and it may help you decide if you should even go or not. It is actually quite AMAZING!!

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm

Scroll down to Rick & Lavern Townsend under "Specialty Tapes".

Sincerely your friend,

Lady Liberty

• sinis
    sinis

Email as EVIDENCE? PLEASE!!!! How do they know you are the subscriber, your IP address, IP provider, etc., etc. Did they subpoena your records? I would flat out tell them that that is not my email address, I did not write that letter, and I have no idea what you are talking about. How are they going to prove it? They can't! Even if you have your name on the email say someone is spoofying your email and you had no idea, and that it looks like someone is maliciously smearing your name.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Write a calm letter to numerous friends stating that you are concerned that the Watch Tower Society has become a spiritual tyrant and an impediment to your relationship to God and Christ, and ask for your friends' viewpoint on this matter. That way, when the announcement is made that "Besty is no longer..." your friends will have favourable grist for their speculation-mill -- they will automatically conclude that your letter to (one of) them was the specific cause of your dismissal.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Since the jig is up you might as well go on offense. Get your side of the story out to as many members of the cong. as possible (as others have suggested). I think mailing a letter to their home address is most effective. It must be done before the announcement. This may require pushing off the JC meet a few days. Even if only a few get your side of the story the word will get around. Might help someone else too.

Best to you both

ps. I realize this is a bold, bridge-burning move, but you will alays be happy that in the end you took it to them.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Man this stuff makes my blood boil.

I don't know what you should do...I think each one's decision is very personal. But it is wonderful to hear how different one's have approached this situation.

In the end, the most perfect thing is that you have a move to concentrate on, and getting a fresh start will put some distance between you and the pain.

(((((((((Sweet Pea & Besty)))))))))

Strength for the journey. Looking forward to knowing you better.

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

I made up my mind a long time ago that if I ever went before a JC I would basically give them plenty of grief during the phone call about it, including the fact that I have no respect for their self-assuming authority to even call me in. I always thought that I would refuse to go, but that I would lay out my position to any and all of them that I could outside of their territory rather than submitting to their authority. Then, after addressing them with a long list of adjectives for words like "hubris" and "presumptuous," *I* will give *them* a choice. Either DF me, or I will DA myself in writing, because I can pass judgment over them just as easily as they can pass judgment over me.

Either way, no one enters my home (including my WT in-laws) while ignoring me or expecting me to act ashamed. End of story. They will have to walk around me at the store, averting their eyes, not the other way around.

Of course, you may have more at stake than I do. I have no WT relatives other than in-laws. They already have their little opinions of me, so that's no loss.

Anyways...

IsaacJ

• VM44
    VM44

Do you have any ideas as to what might their charge of "apostasy" be founded?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    He said it wasn't like a trial. I replied "I wish it was - then we might have a chance to see the evidence before going in front of the police, prosecutors, jury, judge and prison officers". I also said that the only place you could find a legal system like that would be on the Amnesty International website. He declined to put in writing the details I had requested, but would put in writing the date set for the JC.

Amazing comment! You where dead on.

If you don't go they will DF you. That is what they did to me and my wife. They refused to tell us anything in detail and demanded that we come 'or else'.

They will do the same thing to you that they did to us more than likely. If they cannot get you to come back to all the meetings they will DF you. Only if you bend to their every wish you will come out unscathed. There is no way that they will let you remain as inactive jws.

Sorry to be so bleak, but it seems like you JW days are over......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit