We've been invited to a JC

by besty 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• penny2
    penny2

I like the idea of writing letters to your friends telling them your reasons and the anguish you've been through in getting to this point. You never know, you may give someone else the courage to face their own fears.

You could tell the elders you reserve the right to have your solicitor present at the JC.

Whatever happens, I hope you have peace of mind in the end.

penny2

• jgnat
    jgnat

I have to admit, when I read the header, I had a thought much like stealth453's:

Bring beer and pretzels, but don't share

I mean, it sounds as simple as an invitation to a hockey game or a concert. But the entertainment is not nearly as pleasant, and YOU are the ones in the ring, aren't you?

I thought your comments on the unjust process were spot-on, especially about the bible practice of having your case heard at the public gates. Too bad the elder was on too much of a rampage to hear. Maybe later when he calms down.

Sorry, I can't give advice whether to take up the invitation or not. I'd have half a mind to agree then not show. Let the elders sit and look at each other for twenty minutes before they break up and go home to their families. They get the adrenaline rush with no outlet. Harden their arteries a bit.

• blondie
    blondie

If you decide to DA, why not post a letter in the local newspaper, taking out an ad, whatever you can afford. You are sure to reach more people. Or see if it is appropriate for the opinion page.

Blondie

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

besty and sweet pea

well, i hate to hear that they want to drag you into all this. I hate to say it, but you are done. That email is your undoing. Let me share this brief experience:

Briefly, I sat on a JC (not I was brought before one, I was an elder on one) for a brother charged with apostasy. His undoing? An email. An anonymous email he sent to an older sister in the congo he was corresponding with under an assumed name. If he had not admitted it we could have done nothing. It was over the UN thing. He did admit to it and apologized for the email but not the content. Yep, we (meaning the entire BOE which was also the JC) D/F'd him.

Yet, nothing was done to the older sister. Two standards (actually the BOE was afraid of her, they think she is crazy). Something should have been done, at least investigated, because she was on questionable internet sites (I often wonder if that old sister is here?) Not being a Pharisaical elder, I did not want to throw that old sister under the bus so I said nothing and nothing was done. The PO is a young buck that was trolling on the brothers public blog and many reams of paper were printed to support D/f. He appealed and lost. It was a witch hunt the whole way. I had to vote for D/F because the young brother would not listen to me about what to do to avoid it. I think he wanted it. "Death by JC" or something.

So as for you....it sounds like you wanted to fade, move, and not look back but still get to talk to people you want to....that about it???

If you want to avoid D/f, moving now will only get you D/f in absentia.. so go to the JC. If you had already moved countries, the brothers would have dropped it because it is such a hassle across congos let alone branches. Take a 8 hour digital recorder and hide it, since its not allowed. Maybe bring your briefcase and leave it hid in the bottom. Leave your briefcase when they ask you to leave room so you can record the private conversation among the JC)... if you dont want to be d/f or d/a, then go and be humble and be contrite....of course it depends on how bad the email is. and if they have 2 witnesses about the other things...maybe nothing you do is going to help.

If it looks like you are going to be d/f, then make sure to appeal. buy time....a week at most. then send out a letter to everyone you want to know the truth about things...as those letters hit the friends, cancel the appeal.... (that young brother I mentioned, he let the appeal go through then wrote the letter...there was a local needs the same night of the d/f announcement with him sitting there!...all but named him)

You can either pour water or gas on the fire, but everything else is in their control. I wish you well. Keep us posted.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "regrets every JC I served on" Sheep Class)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am sorry to hear how things have turned out. I went to my JC and the contempt and complete lack of attempt to address any of my questions was so distressing that it played over in my mind for months later. However, I am happy to have gone and hope at least one of the six elders involved may one day be moved by what I said and leave. Also, being disfellowshipped was stressful, but ended a period of my life and lifted a huge load from me that helped me move on.

Whatever happens, I wish you all the best. Stay strong and keep your dignity and one day chances are that the elders will feel remorse for the way they are being forced to treat you.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Call the local paper and tell them that you are being railroaded from the religion, and the kangaroo court that has been convened for you. Ask them to meet you at the KH with kleeg lights and camera's for the event. Oh well, that prob won't work, but just a thought.

I chose to DA when in roughly the same situation. I took all the heat and kept Wifey out of it, fortunately. Since she still has relatives inside. I did not consider it playing their game actually. I knew what options were available in their minds, before they elected one last slander of my name, and took the best course to assure that at least they had on file [and hopefully read] the reasons for my exit.

I also timed it, telling them it would take three or four weeks to prepare my DA letter. Then I sent a letter and a copy of my DA letter to a few chosen Jw's before I submitted the 'real one'. That was prob a slap in the face to the Pharisees elders because they would have known eventually that others saw my reasons before they could act.

Jeff [of the "Always flip 'em the bird on the way to the gallows if you can" class]

• besty
    besty

love the idea of recorder...

JC - Have you any recording devices?

Me - Sorry..pardon...?

JC - HAVE YOU ANY RECORDING DEVICES?

Me - <checks inside briefcase> Thats fine thanks - if you can keep the volume up please :-)

• penny2
    penny2

besty, I see you still have your sense of humour!

• besty
    besty

Blondie - can you help me find the reference to disassociating yourself by your actions if you stop going to the meetings?

Thnaks in advance

PS - idea for thread - Blondies Tips n' Tricks for WT CD ROM research

• besty
    besty

Penny2 - no need to take it too seriously really - we mentally checked out a while back so this is my chance to show them that they're all a wee bit sad really

definitley going casually dressed and taking the babies as well:

It's a family affair, it's a family affair
    It's a family affair, it's a family affair

http://www.adherents.com/people/pg/Larry_Graham.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit