We've been invited to a JC

by besty 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi besty,

A Judicial Committee doesn't establish guilt or innocence, that's already been done behind closed doors. An invitation to a Witness Judicial Committee tribunal tells me an investigative committee has already found you guilty. The Judicial committee meeting is the sentencing meeting. In essence, you were tried and found guilty in absentia and now you have been invited to the sentencing hearing. Disfellowshipping is the death sentence.

Myself, I'd go in your place, not because I respect the Witness system because I don't. I'd go because I want them to kick me out. I want the story.

Some people are weak emotionally and their psyche can't easily stand the stress of a Fascist trial. Those people should protect themselves from stress and aggravation. You seem to be a very strong person mentally and emotionally. I've enjoyed every single confrontation I've had with the Witness elders.

A friend told me that I'm like a cat playing with a mouse when I play with the Witness elders. I think there's a chance that might be true.

It's a situational decision. Do what's best for you and for your family. At this point anything you do will have a good outcome because you are on the path away from a malevolent high control group. My worst day away from the Witness group has been better that my best day with them.

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Besty

If you can all handle the JC and come out free and unscathed then go and play their games (that after all is what they are).

These silly/sad cleaners in suits have been given the idea that they wield the power of life and death. They can only play if you let them or want them to.

If on the other hand you think you may achieve anything by attending (ie a recording) then go fully primed.

Maybe a card (rather than a letter) to those you want to contact. This could be hand delivered prior to any JC. Do this on a meeting night so that any potential awkward or embarassing situations are minimalised.

HTH

Anglise

• Mary
    Mary
    So now we have to make a choice - do we attend so we can see the evidence and the accusers for our own closure and then DA on the spot? Or do we attend and if the evidence is thin then we could try and fight the case? Or do we not attend and not play their childish games as mentally they have no authority over us and we can remove that credence they may think they have.

Your sentence has already been set by these bozos. They just enjoy the thrill of having the "authority" to out anyone they personally disapprove of. My own feeling on this is: don't even bother wasting your time trying to fight the allegations. Unless you intend to deny everything, kiss some major ass and bow down to the great and glorious WT idol, you'll be DF'd.

With that said, I agree with what others here have suggested: Take a hidden tape recorder in to the kangaroo court so you can play it on here afterwards so that all the world can hear what a bunch of idiots these guys are. Plus, before this happens, can you get the congregation list of everyone's name and address? If so, do that and send them all a letter explaining what you've found out about the religion and how desperate the Society is to squash any 'independent thought', no matter how reasonable. I'd also include a copy of the September Kingdom Ministry (which was posted on here yesterday) with a brief summary showing the total paranoia of the Governing Body and the religion as a whole. I'd also to a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper.

If you don't want to meet with them, I always recommend having a bit of fun with these goobers on the appointed night of your JC.

It won't change the outcome but at least you can have a good laugh at their expense, without the aggrevation of sitting through a 3 man Kangaroo Court letting them pass judgement on you.

• anglise
    anglise

Mary

that is brilliant. You are soooo wicked

Anglise

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day besty,

I don't think we've corresponded before but at least we are now, eh?

I don't pretend to have the 'right' answers to your question but what i do have is opinions based on the experience that Mrs Ozzie and I had.

I have never believd in DA - personally I think it grants 'them' the recognition that they don't deserve. Sure, many don't go that way and that's fine with me. My best friend took a different path himself and caused quite a stir in the local KH!!

But for us (MRs Ozzie and I) we just got on with our lives and it was several years later that we were finally 'invited' - we refused because we rightly considered the WT an irrelevance in our lives. Our crime? Not fading, oh no, it was attending a church!! - see the parallel with your Alpha course?

I believe we were DF - we've never been told - but I think in your case too, the wheels are in progress, you can't stop it.

Should you fight it? Not likely! They're doing you a favor of the highest order!

Rejoice!

• besty
    besty

Ozzie,GaryBuss,Mary

I'm with you on the not fighting it option - bad idea with no happy ending possible. The reason for considering a fight was in the scenario they had no good evidence from 2 witnesses and wanted us to self-incriminate. But I think thats not likely.

So

Objective 1 - Take the p*ss out of them before, during and after (for the forseeable future mwahmwahmwah)
    Objective 2 - Find out the accusers and their evidence (preferably face to face)
    Objective 3 - make my points about lack of love shown, star chamber proceedings, misrepresenting the biblical definition of apostasy and wrongful application of extreme shunning
    Objective 4 - Leave it with them - not DA'ing myself or giving them a letter, just leaving them to do as they please and physically leaving at that point

Bozos 0 Besty 4

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I know that you've already made up your mind on your course of action...

I've always liked the idea of pooping on their plans by mentioning that if they do anything to discredit you or slander your name publicly, you'll bring legal litigation against them - naming them personally in a lawsuit.(At this point, you should be taking notes, getting the spelling of their names correctly... 'Glen' - is that with one or two 'n' s at the end? Thank you.) Now, you can define just what 'public slander' is - for their feeble minds. Use some legal jargon - if you can afford it - or know a lawyer (solicitor?), get assistance from them. Say something about it being their - or anyone that they may designate - making a public announcement from the platform about you that would discredit your name. (Again - make it sound more legal.)

Make their lives hell - legally - or threaten to. They may think twice before making a public announcement from the platform.

Just my .02 worth - although it's late.

Regards - and Good Luck,

Jim TX

• coaster
    coaster

NEVER DA yourself in this situation. You simply do not have a crystal ball to know what a JC will do. If you have any friends/family you want to hang with in WT, then make these guys work, and hard. One of them may really not want to make a mistake, and may want to err on the side of mercy if you did screw up, but never admit to that.

1. Dress up, leave kids alone, bring Ref. Bible.

2. Cry--LOTS. Act stunned. You have been going through a rought time and are on all kinds of meds. You don't know why anyone would say or print anything bad about you, and certainly don't ever remember saying or writing anything that could ever be construed as apostate. Could one of my dear brothers or sisters really not be my friend and made this whole thing up? I hardly how to even use a computer. Could this be a big joke gone bad? What the hey is apostate talk anyway, cause you don't know or understand. You are confused. Boo Hoo, how could someone do this to us?

3. You have so wanted a sheperding call so you could get some encouragement, and thought that is what this was all about.

4. Just help us and let us know what to do to make things right. We miss you guys so much, and we know you guys are not well paid, so thank you so much for caring.

Make them slit their wrists and have numerous sleepless nights before they could bring themselves to DF you.

Serious Game,

Coaster

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

how about going and having sex in front of them (^_^)

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

1. You know what the evidence is, it was posted publicly and presented to the elders. so why the curiosity?
    2. No, you shouldn't show up or even acknowledge a JC hearing. That would be empowering them to make a ruling over you.

Your fade is over, the new life without the dubs is now in play.

BP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit