We have the truth

by MutualRespectPlease 54 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Evening JWD!!..I am about to Hijack this thread!!..LOL!!..I got a couple of PM`s from MRP....He has no idea about how to behave on a board..I let him know how things are here..Hopefully he will be better behaved when he comes back...OUTLAW

• daystar
    daystar

I'm not reading this entire thread, nor your other, but I wanted to comment on this:

I have studied about the U.N. and the NGO. I go online and read and do all the research I want. Could there be an explanation for it? I did something that I am not sure some of you have done, I considered the motive. Why did they do it? And if it is a mistake, does that negate the tons of evidence that the Witnesses are doing God's will?

Absolutely, it does. But esp. when you combine that with all the other issues, does this add up to the fact that the WBTS and Governing Body are not what they protray themselves to be.

I have seen lives change completely after a person studies the Bible with the Witnesses. People who had terrible, unhappy lives change them, and become happy, well-adjusted.

And I have seen similar changes in people after having had other, unrelated, sorts of experiences. This is not proof that one way or another is "Truth". Scientologists can give us numerous accounts of people making breakthroughs, life-changing breakthroughs after going through their auditing sessions. So?

Alas, I know that my words are as nothing to you. But that's okay, because I have really no interest in convincing you. Because I can't. I know this because I was once exactly like you. If, some day, your eyes are opened and you truly see the trap you've been led into, the prison you are in, that will be all you need.

Also, you need your prison bars. They make you feel safe.

alt

I know this does nothing to cause you to listen more closely, but look at that card. That is Adam and Eve... Us, chained to the altar upon which the Devil sits. If you looked closer, you would see that those chains are loose. They could remove themselves easily if they would simply see. But they will not until they are ready. And neither will you.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    How many celebrate the Holidays?

Prove first to me that Jehovah cares about pagan origins. How is it that the very first tabernackle was ornamented by Egyptian-trained artists?

It was bugging me so I pulled out my bible wherein I had a piece of paper with these two scriptures on it:

Colossians 2:16; Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Romans 14:5-6; 5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

• daystar
    daystar

LoverOfTruth

When I have doubts about anything, I tell myself over and over what is Good about the situation and ignore the Negatives.

It's always a bad idea to completely ignore the Negatives. They remain, and they fester.

It would be like ignoring a pile of rubbish in the corner of the room, covering it with newpaper, holding a kerchief to your mouth and nose to mask the stench and to wipe the tears from your burning eyes, always pretending that everything is okay...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Mutual Respect-Welcome to the board. I was raised in, but never baptised. I left when I was 15, about 25-6 years ago. I know that many of the sisters and brothers are sincerly trying to do what they understand is right. My mom still is, and my uncle is. So far, I haven't seen either one of them very happy, but I imagine some are as happy as the WT claims.

My question to you, and I am PMing you with it is this: Many JWs will say that one of the main things that shows them that they are in the truth is that all JWs (to prove they ARE JWs) go out in field service each month. So spreading the 'good news' is a big sign for many.

If the WT religion as a whole was so sincere about preaching good news, why have they not done much more active campaigns in the media-TV, magazines, newspapers, radio. The way that they do it now, door to door is about the most ineffective way to reach MASSES of people that I know of. 50 years ago, 75, and door to door may have been a viable thing to do and claim it was comprehensive. No longer. And if JWs individually believe it is the truth, why are there so few actual pioneers? Why so few hours averaged per publisher. If I am in a burning building, trying to warn the occupants, I am running down the hallways yelling and banging on the doors. Not strolling, taking breaks, and finding every excuse to avoid actual people at the door. I saw it years ago, I have seen it recently, and I know how it works. It is not a work of love by any JW I ever knew. It was an obligation, we had to turn in time or we would be inactive.

So, how is it that they claim to be doing lifesaving work?

Shelly

PS, if you do a left facing arrow, a small p, and a right facing arrow all together, you can use them to make paragraphs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit