• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

ROFLMFAO at NN -

nj

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Dear MRP -

I will be respectful to you also.

I love Jehovah's Witnesses. After 48 years of my life knowing nothing else, I left. I would love to discuss honorably with you any and all of the assertions that you make here. One by one, face to face, person to person, mano a mano.

This is not the first time I made the offer - the first time was to the elders whom I had known for decades - who promptly called me 'evil apostate' and invited me to a 'bring your own rope' style hangin'! Then they slandered my name all over the circuit assembly and the local congregation, drove a wedge between me and those whom I had befriended exclusively for 40 years, boycotted my mother's funeral, and forced me to eventually disassociate myself from your 'kind' and 'loving' religion. Additonally, your Governing Body will not answer my questions, continue to hide the reality that I have had to 'uncover' for myself, and have instructed my 'friends' to treat me as if I am dead. Feel the love, brother?

I am PMing my email addy to you - if you are as sincere as you claim - you will email me. After all - if you really love as you say you do, you need to do all you can to 'snatch me from the fire'. There is still time for me to get back into the Watchtower 'ark' isn't there? And as for you - if you are wrong and I am right, there is still time to actually enjoy a bit of life before you are judged by Jesus forever.

I look forward to 'fruitful' discussions with you.

Your Brother

Jeff

• Quandry
    Quandry

MRP,

• Quandry
    Quandry

MRP,

I felt that you were very sincere and read all your post. I am not df'd or dissassociated. I await your answers to the many questions as I definetely have concerns.

• coaster
    coaster

I so wish this guy was right and we JW's have the truth. My life would be so much more simple. It is so kind to admit that no one in this org. is perfect, and gosh-darn, mistakes have been made, and of course change happens cause new light keeps ashinin-----Do I Hear and AMEN? AMEN! Yes thank you Brother.

I also can cut people slack for making genuine, honest, imperfect man, mistakes. What I can NOT condone and what can NOT come from Gods Chosen People is deliberate, flat out lies. This faith is based on the Bible, the NWT Bible, and I have defended and praised it for years. Until I realized we broke Rev. 22: 18, 19. Do you even know that the Name Jehovah has no place in Christianity? Check you Insight book under Jehovah, and you will see how suprised we are that not a single ancient Greek manuscript in the world contains the name Jehovah in the New Testament. Yet our bible has removed kyrios and theos 237 times and replaced it with Jehovah. We have done this since 1950. We never tell anyone the truth. We tell them at appendix 1-a that we have "restored it where quoting the Hebrew Scriptures", but that is not the real truth. Since we are currently studying Revelation, look up every use of the name Jehovah in and guess what? Not a single quote from the Hebrew scriptures, and don't just look for quotation marks, because half the time you find them in other books of the NT they are not really quotes either.

Knorr did not tell us this when the NWT was released in NYC in 1950. It is not in the forward where it states the resoration of Gods name is "the foremost feature" of the NWT. It is not in any footnotes, appendixes. It is not in ANY reference work WT has published including the DEVINE NAME brochure of all places. We have made it our name for Christs sake! And although it is great we restored it nearly 7000 times in the OT, that wasn't enough. No we had to add 237 more, and every time we read that name to somone from our NWT Christian Scriptures, we are perpetuating a fraud, plain and simple. It is not a mistake, human error, or imperfect men at work, it is an ongoing lie that proves we can not really have the truth. Every time you see it now in the Greek Scriptures, you will think of me. No matter what book it is, check and see if it is really a quote from a Hebrew Scripture, and mark your bible accordingly.

We alone have dragged the Hebrew God Jehovah kicking and screaming into Christianity, where he never even appears. I don't see how this central fact can be ignored.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I think Witnesses have the truth.

I believe this is the crux of the matter. If the Witnesses are not the exclusive holders of the truth, all the other explanations and excuses don't matter. If the Witnesses are not the exclusive holders of the truth, people are free to search out truth for themselves wherever they may find it. Now, I'll review the rest of your post, but keep in mind that defending the Witnesses in their current form is not necessarily the same as defending "the truth", and that negatives don't make a positive. That is, even if you can point to errors in doctrine in other places also does not prove the Witnesses have the "truth".

I feel for many of you that have suffered in some way, I too have suffered due to the imperfection of men. But does that stop me from saying this is not the truth?

Still haven't proved that it is.

I have witnessed first-hand the hypocrisy of the churches and their members, and I have seen some in the congregations. At the same level? No way.

Still haven't proved that it is.

I have seen lives change completely after a person studies the Bible with the Witnesses. People who had terrible, unhappy lives change them, and become happy, well-adjusted.

I have seen the same in the churches I've attended. My pastor calls it "redemption and lift."

What about war? What other religion can say its members love humanity enough so they will not kill their fellowman?

Witnesses have love amongst themselves. They don't extend it to all humanity. Don't fool yourselves. The Witnesses are not pacifists, rather they do not recognize nationalist borders. For true humanitarian efforts, look to organizations like www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

What about conduct? Conduct that is clearly stated in the Bible as wrong is practiced by so many. Even some here do it, then try to twist the scriptures and say they are not doing wrong. I am not judging, but how can the Bible be more clear?

Again, the Witnesses are not exclusive in this regard. They are not even the best at it. In my observation, Witnesses behave as bad or worse in secret as their worldly neighbours. I blame the heavy external controls for this lack of internal integrity.

And what about organization? You can use another term if you want, but in the First Century there were congregations, and overseers.

You've been duped. The current organization holds no relation to the loose structure of the early church. Probably the closest modern parallel is the house churches. http://housechurch.org/

U.N. and the NGO....And if it is a mistake, does that negate the tons of evidence that the Witnesses are doing God's will?

Still waiting for proof of exclusivity.

How many of you believe in Hellfire, the Trinity?

This is doctrine, not "truth".

How many celebrate the Holidays?

Prove first to me that Jehovah cares about pagan origins. How is it that the very first tabernackle was ornamented by Egyptian-trained artists?

I know the organization is not perfect. But is that what it is supposed to be?

Only if they claim to be the only organization approved by Jehovah in these last days. Have they made such a claim?

I did not protect child molesters.

Does that mean that you have "the truth" and your elder-brothers who failed to report did not? Of course not. You did an honorable thing, and I believe our Lord Jesus will commend you for it. But that good choice, and a claim that you have joined a fast brotherhood of exclusive holders of "the truth", I think not.

I do hope you will revisit this thread and add to the conversation.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Sounds to me like you're still Searching; sincere people do this.

When I have doubts about anything, I tell myself over and over what is Good about the situation and ignore the Negatives.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    but in the First Century there were congregations, and overseers.

true... AND... EVERYONE was permitted to partake of communion (memorial) almost every week - because Christians partook in rememberance of Christ's sacrifice for each of them. What's changed?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit