We have the truth

by MutualRespectPlease 54 Replies latest jw friends

• MutualRespectPlease
    MutualRespectPlease

I will be respectful. But in reading past posts it seems we are allowed to speak frankly? I think Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth. Yes I am a Witness. I guess I should state my credentials? That is hard for me. I don't want to sound like I think I have done more than others. But I think that I should say something because of what follows. I will say that I have had every privilege that a brother can have in the organization, and I continue in them. I did not stumble on here, I came here on purpose. I knew this site existed. Let me say that if I met all of you in person, you would see how I care, not just in preaching to you, but in other ways as well. I do not consider myself better than any of you in any way, so get that out of your mind. But as my subject indicates, I think Witnesses have the truth. I feel for many of you that have suffered in some way, I too have suffered due to the imperfection of men. But does that stop me from saying this is not the truth? I know many of you despise the expression, "The truth" but at least hear me out. There is just too much evidence for me to deny that the Witnesses have the truth. I have served in other countries. I have witnessed first-hand the hypocrisy of the churches and their members, and I have seen some in the congregations. At the same level? No way. I have seen lives change completely after a person studies the Bible with the Witnesses. People who had terrible, unhappy lives change them, and become happy, well-adjusted. What about war? What other religion can say its members love humanity enough so they will not kill their fellowman? What about conduct? Conduct that is clearly stated in the Bible as wrong is practiced by so many. Even some here do it, then try to twist the scriptures and say they are not doing wrong. I am not judging, but how can the Bible be more clear? And what about organization? You can use another term if you want, but in the First Century there were congregations, and overseers. Why? I have studied about the U.N. and the NGO. I go online and read and do all the research I want. Could there be an explanation for it? I did something that I am not sure some of you have done, I considered the motive. Why did they do it? And if it is a mistake, does that negate the tons of evidence that the Witnesses are doing God's will? How many of you believe in Hellfire, the Trinity? How many celebrate the Holidays? How many of you do things THAT YOU KNOW ARE WRONG? I am not perfect. I know that. I make worse mistakes probably then many of you on this site, or whatever you call it. I have to answer for those mistakes. But does that make God's teachings wrong? I have been in eight different countries. I have also also seen in Bethel in New York firsthand that the brothers in charge are not getting rich. I know them, I see them, no mockery of them will change what I have observed in them. They are humble men who serve God and who would give their life for you. They live poor and work hard. I have seen them on all-night cheap flights, I have seen them eat that same assembly food that we all ate. I know the organization is not perfect. But is that what it is supposed to be? Let me give you an example. I was invited awhile ago to visit a prison to preach, and then was informed that an individual that I had reported on as a child molester some years ago had been sentenced to 15 years in that very prison, so I was told better not to go. My point? Yes, I did not protect child molesters. Did some elders do that? If they did, they will answer for it. I do know however of hundreds of elders who protected children, and families that raised happy children. I am one of them. I do feel a lot for you here on this site, and I can relate to what some of you say. Especially "Seeker4" for some reason, he is so sincere but respectful. Is this getting too long? I will continue later.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

Just so you know, I could change your mind with one phone call.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Thanks.

• Gopher
    Gopher

pleaseuseparagraphsyoursentencesarerunningtogether

It'd be easier to read in paragraph format

no disrespect intended

• Open mind
    Open mind

I'm very glad to see you here MRP.

Open Mind

(Please folks, I think he deserves at least civility)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Brother, I find you to be sincere.

I spoke to many good-hearted brothers like yourself before I decided to step down as an elder and subsequently leave.

There was just one problem with those conversations. I see the same problem in your well-presented case for the "truth". NO ANSWERS!

I was searching for someone to answer my questions. I earnestly begged Jehovah to help me to find someone that could. No one could. In reality, the answers do exist. They are simply incompatible with Jehovah's Witness teachings.

Take care friend,

Nate

• ninja
    ninja

hey mr jaracz...welcome to the forum.....ninja

• magoo
    magoo

......ok....read your post, however hard it was with no paragraphs. some jw's actually think the same way you do. which is alright,since supposedly we were given freedom of choice,but i don't think you will convince any here the jw's actually have & teach the "truth".....just my own opinion.....

magoo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

MutualRespectPlease..First Welcome to the board..Secondly,you should have done your research better..Jehovah`s Witness`s don`t believe in war..But..The WBT$ is heavily invested in War..The Rand Cam engine Corp recieved a 500 million dollar contract from the US Navy..WBT$ owns 50% of Rand Cam.........Jehovah`s Witness`s don`t smoke..WBT$ recieves profits from a trust fund,the stock includes tobacco giant Phillip Morris.......The WBT$ had a 10 year association with the United Nations..There is no defense for that.....The WBT$ just paid out 10million dollars to victims of sexuall abuse within the organization...A young couple can be disfellowshipped for spending the night in the same home.No witness`s needed.....A child can be sexually abused and raped..2 witness are needed ......The organization you support the WBT$ is absolutely corrupt..Most Jehovah`s Witness`s have absolutely no idea what is going on within the WBT$..Any that try to make a change are told to be quiet.If not they are disfellowshipped..You will never clean that shithole up..Try and you will be punished...OUTLAW

• journey-on
    journey-on

If you stick around and don't get scared off by some of these posters that will no doubt attack with a vengeance, maybe you could answer some questions that their BOE couldn't or wouldn't answer. Maybe you could proffer some REAL explanations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit