We have the truth

by MutualRespectPlease 54 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD
    I know many of you despise the expression, "The truth"

I don't despise the expression. (I'm an unbelieving spouse of an active JW btw.)

I do think that as soon as you begin to refer to an abstract concept such as "Truth" as if it were a physical object that you "Have" or "Be In" you reveal a trait that is commonly associated with cults, which is the esoteric redefinition of common words. --Not saying that JW's are a "Cult", but this is considered to be a red flag.

We can easily put this to the test though. If you are an active JW in good standing, I would assume that you agree with and adhere to the transufsion medicine taboo, even if your life or the life of a dependent were at stake (?)

Can you defend that doctrine? Start a new thread if you like

If you can't then I would say that JW's may well be a cult.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    --Not saying that JW's are a "Cult",

Go on you can say it!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jesus was humble. If the Society were humble it would admit mistakes it has made. It does not

by the way I am an active witness

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome to JWD,

First of all no disrespect intended:

Just because YOU "think" the JW religion is the "truth", what gives you the right to say to us that "we know it's the truth". You cannot speak for anyone but yourself! I was raised in the cult, and I knew a long time ago that this was not the way I wanted to live my life, with someone always telling me what to think, read, do, say, marry........and that is before I knew about all the flip flops, lies, UN affilation, child molester cover ups.......

Are you trying to convince us? or yourself? If this is the "truth" for you then good, have at it no one is stopping you. Go do your thing and stop trying to convince people that have been there and done that, that this is someting "we" need to do.

That's one thing about the JW's, always trying to convert someone else, always trying to tell someone else that they need to change because JW's have the truth, PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK WITH THAT CRAP, if you are happy with what you have, then leave other people that are happy with their life style alone.

nj

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Your comments show a severe lack of research beyond the pages of Watchtower information.

There is just too much evidence for me to deny that the Witnesses have the truth.

Easy to say, but please, explain to me why your research and belief it is correct makes it the truth, and the equally sincere and convinced people I know in other high control groups are wrong when saying exactly the same thing?

What about war? What other religion can say its members love humanity enough so they will not kill their fellowman?

Another indication of a blinkered, unresearched mind. see http://jwfacts.com/index_files/war.htm for a list of other religions that "can say they love humanity not to kill their fellowman."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

MRP..I have Recieved your PM..I think your a bit overwhelmed by all this..I have sent you a PM..I want you to read it..Then you can start to reply to the posts on this Thread...OUTLAW

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

If that is the way you feel, and you are comfortable with it, good for you. I and, I am sure, a lot of us wish you the best. For me however, I have seen the wtbts for what it really is, and am confident and comfortable with my decision to leave.

Peace.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My PM to MRP remains unread..I believe MRP has left the Building...OUTLAW

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I get a kick out of these delicate flowers who start out with , "Don't make fun of me or call me names just because I worship a sockpuppet."

I guess in your rich fantasy life you fancy yourself quite the Christian Soldier. You just don't want to take of the glove and get down in the mud so your prissy dress won't get messed up.

Send your Momma to the board. We'll talk with her. At least she's a man.

Respectfuly,

- NN

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

NN..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit