We have the truth

by MutualRespectPlease 54 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Isn't Jesus supposed to be in charge?

Why so many mistakes?

Why so little humility in admitting to those mistakes?

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

I think it would be fair to say that given enough reason, we would believe in your teachings.

However, the (debatable) point that being a Jehovah's Witness makes one happier is not reason enough to make it the truth. It just means there are people that are happier in your religion.

Are you able to provide reasons why your religion is 'the truth'? It astounds me that you can say 'It is true because so many people are happy with it'. Don't you see how silly that looks?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Is this getting too long? I will continue later.

It's not too long but it is hard to read.

I still know that the society doesn't have the truth but it was a nice try.

Josie

• Vinny
    Vinny

You are as good as OUT already. And you probably realize this. This is what happens. You are here as a last ditch effort to defend the org in the light of many doubts. But you cannot and will not be able to. The entire JW history is riddled with holes, false doctrines, medical disasters, doctrinal flip-flops, blinking lights, missed end of world predictions etc etc etc... along with hundreds to thousands of CURRENT unscriptural policies.

How about the judging, labeling and shunning those that walk away from the JW's today without prtacticing any kind of sin?

Where is any of that found in the bible?

If you really want to go down this road, I am afraid it will not be very pretty for you and the JW's.

My suggestion: Go running back to mother full speed and forget you even posted here.

Read only WT and Awakes and other JW pubs.

Always be willing to put head in sand whenever anything critical is placed in front of you.

Now, do all these things, and maybe, just possibly you can stay as a happy, sheltered, in-denial good little JW.

Let's see.

• BFD
    BFD

Thanks, MRP.

Opinions are like noses, everybody has one. In my opinion, you should wake up. But, maybe if you can answer any of the questions that are going to be comin down the pike you can change my mind. Doubtful.

BFD

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

reality is perfect until compared to something it is not...

you create wrong and right by comparing reality to some ideal, which of course is not real.

can you say any force of nature is sinful?

fire will burn you if you do not handle it skillfully, does that make it evil?

without fantasy ideals dividing the world into good and evil your false religion collapses like a house of cards... and what TRUE all WISE and INTELLIGENT god can damn the world by comparison to what he KNOWS is false fantasy?...

the bible god is the invention of ignorant humans... time to see that Santa Claus is not real...er, god.

• Gordy
    Gordy

No church or oganisation can ever claim to have "the Truth" as long as they are controlled and run by man. And please don't say the Watchtower isn't run by man but by Jehovah. There is absolutely NO evidence it is. Only in the minds of its followers (and quite a few them have their doubts).

The biggest contributing factor in my leaving after 30 years was the total lack of love, help and support at a time when I and my family needed it. In fact causing the break up of my family instead. It was this attitude that set me on the path of reseaching more deeply onto the teachings of the Watchtower than I had ever did before.

In the end I could no longer in good conscience follow something I came to learn that was based on lies and deceit.

Consequently this led me to disassociate. Costing me any contact with my JW wife and two daughters for the last 6 years.

I became a Christian and now attend a Pentecostal church. Attending services where they USE and DISCUSS the Bible and never have a book or magazine in sight telling them what to believe.

• under_believer
    under_believer

MRP, does it matter to you that you are saying exactly the things the Society has taught you, and every other Witness, to say? Does it matter to you that I and many others here could have written exactly the same statement just a few years ago?

Many of us still have family members, mentors, and friends in the organization. I myself, though inactive, still attend most of the meetings. We know that many individual Witnesses are good people. I believe you when you say that you care, because you are deliberately flouting the Society's direction to reach out to us, and that shows that you are willing to think for yourself and take personal risks to help others. How do you feel about the fact that in order to do what you feel is right you have to disobey the direction of the Faithful and Discreet Slave? Do you feel like unreservedly using the term "truth" is appropriate when you don't, in fact, believe that everything they are teaching you is true?

You aren't supposed to be here and you would be counseled if anyone found out that you are. If you didn't agree with the counsel you could lose your privileges, up to and including being disfellowshipped. If you have had and continue to have "every privilege a brother can have in the organization" then you know this to be true. If you were called on to counsel a young brother who admitted to visiting ex-JW discussion boards on the Internet, what would you do? You know the answer as do any here who have served in that capacity.

You say that the Witnesses have the truth. Fair enough. But was it also the truth when they taught that the generation of 1914 would by no means pass away before Armageddon? Was it the truth when Rutherford gave the talk, "Millions Now Living Will Never Die?" Was it the truth when it forbade organ transplants, saying that these were cannibalism? Was it the truth when it required that thousands of young Witnesses of draft age go to jail rather than accept alternative service? Was it the truth when it allowed the celebration of Christmas? Was it the truth when it believed that the end of the system of things was in 1876?

All of these are teachings that used to be required beliefs for all Witnesses. Anyone expressing disagreement with any of them would be disfellowshipped, just as they would be today if they expressed disagreement with any of the Witness teachings. And yet... those teachings, requirements, and doctrines were wrong and were subsequently changed. What current teachings are going to be subject to change?

Even if you believe that the broad strokes of Witness belief are true, such as hellfire, Trinity, and Paradise, can you really call something "the Truth" that can and does change?

Congratulations on posting here, and you have my warm welcome.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If the Jehovah's Witnesses teach only truth, they have nothing at all to fear from their detractors.

In fact, considering apostate material should be a faith-strengthening exercise.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It doesn't mean that because other religious organisations are hypocritical or because their members do not practice christianity that the JWs are the true religion. They could be just pointing out all those things to attract recruits. And when closely examined the JW leaders are as hypocritical as any.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit