For Christians: Grace vs. Forgiveness

by AuldSoul 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry
    Mr. Potty Mouth

D'OH!

Okay, I'm going back to my atheistic friends and bad-mouth god for awhile. (Sticking out lip and exiting).....SLAM!!

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

AuldSoul asked , " I have been trying to sort this out Scripturally, and would like to get input from Christians on how these two concepts differ and/or overlap. . . ."

Why all the detractions ? Why not let the man have his post ?

• jgnat
    jgnat
    However, I get your point. What you are trying to say is that I don't know what I'm talking about.

No, that's not my point. This is another example of how you deflect argument. You often do know what you are talking about. If, however, one of your treasured assumptions is successfully challenged, you deflect and disappear.

• Terry
    Terry
    However, I get your point. What you are trying to say is that I don't know what I'm talking about.

No, that's not my point. This is another example of how you deflect argument. You often do know what you are talking about. If, however, one of your treasured assumptions is successfully challenged, you deflect and disappear.

No.

This is your assertion.

I engage. I am always willing to engage.

It is when other people start to get personal and make an issue of something that the deflection takes place!

I notice you are starting the deflection in the above quote:

Here is the personal part: "...however, one of your treasured assumptions is successfully challenged, you deflect and disappear."

This is you speaking!

Instead of discussing a particular point you try to make me be the issue. That is deflection.

You also are asserting that I "disappear". Gosh, I am still here.

We might want to start a new Thread so that Auld Soul will have this area to himself. That is his wish.

Own up to your own deflection.

• ringo5
    ringo5

Only sand and sand believers, PLEASE!

• Terry
    Terry

In my very first post on this thread I said this:

I know you are asking believers for their opinion. I'm not a believer, however, I have a view.

Ignore me if you like.

Auld Soul only needed to IGNORE me.

Instead, he seized up an opportunity to make ME the issue. This became a deflection FROM his topic. Then, he grew angry, personal and ad hominem in his criticism of my participation.

All anybody had to do was follow my suggestion (Ignore me if you like) and there would be no Terry in this thread.

Look at yourself in the mirror and see the problem.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree, Terry, that this is not the place for a discussion on your reasoning style. I found a pinhole in your argument, and I blew through it. Your assertion that True Science must predict is also rather weak. An argument is well past hope of dialogue if it has descended to definitions, anyways. I hope my post regarding the relationship between forgiveness and restoration will give Auld Soul plenty of meat to chew on.

Another place, and I prefer, another time.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Terry

Narkissos brilliantly describes the use of metaphor in his posts. He is one of my favorite posters. He is also my Jiminey Cricket.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy Cricket is a fictional character who first appeared in the 1940Walt Disneyanimated film Pinocchio. He was appointed by the Blue Fairy to serve as the official conscience for Pinocchio. He is also a comical and wise partner who accompanies Pinocchio on his adventures.

• Terry
    Terry

Another place, and I prefer, another time.

Wise move!

• Terry
    Terry
    Jiminy Cricket is a fictional character who first appeared in the 1940Walt Disneyanimated film Pinocchio. He was appointed by the Blue Fairy to serve as the official conscience for Pinocchio. He is also a comical and wise partner who accompanies Pinocchio on his adventures.

Funny, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit