German KM 09/07 Translated! Watchtower cracks down on study groups.

by drew sagan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Well after all they are a publishing company, where would they be if you didn't feel that you had to use their publications for the answers.

Leslie

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

drew, have you seen an actual copy of this kingdom ministry? i really want to believe it's true, but, i am having a hard time believing the society would be so stupid as to publish this. if you have seen it, are you sure it'll be in the american kingdom ministry? i'm not trying to call you out, or call b.s. i just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing....again.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Wow, this is as straightforwardly biased and anti-thinking as anything they've ever published! Do not study original Bible languages, do not study science, do not study anything except what we give you. The WTS is really running scared!

Beware of anyone or anything that forbids the free and open debate of ideas - especially their ideas!

Choosing Life:

I'd agree with Sir82 that the science they are forbidding would have to involve trying to find the scientific evidence and proof of WTS claims. Proving that humans are only 6,032 old; that there was a worldwide flood; that all animals didn't eat any meat until after the flood; that evolution is a flawed fact of science; that all humans spoke one language until a few thousand years ago.

You get the idea! And they should be afraid to let anyone in the congregations research these things - doing just that is why I left the JWs, and there are a lot more like me out there.

S4

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    drew, have you seen an actual copy of this kingdom ministry? i really want to believe it's true, but, i am having a hard time believing the society would be so stupid as to publish this. if you have seen it, are you sure it'll be in the american kingdom ministry? i'm not trying to call you out, or call b.s. i just don't want to get my hopes up for nothing....again.

I posted a picture of the original article that appeared in Germany on the first page of this thread.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, i know, but, did you actually see it? or was it sent to you? and if it was sent, was it from a reliable source. please don't feel like i'm trying to say it's not real, just trying to get my ducks in a row before i start shooting my mouth off.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Therefore the "faithful and discreet slave" does not approve of any literature, websites, or meetings not under its direction. (Matt 24:45-47)
    So the bible itself falls under the category of literature not approved of by the "faithful and discreet slave".

Didn't Russell say something to the effect that, studying just the Bible alone, without the aid of Studies in the Scriptures, would lead one into darkness within seven years?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

The noose is getting tighter and tighter.

The Claw.

• coaster
    coaster

First ever post. This is not new information, but it may be a scam anyway since it broke first in German and not English. I am still barely coasting along in this org. and am very observant, but evidently very slow. I do know that the worst thing for your short term mental health and well being is to study deep things, and try to prove them to yourself like the Beoreans. Why is there so much interest in UN crap, and yes we have perverts just like every other religion. But this is small stuff compared to............... we also have.........................OUR OWN BIBLE! When you grow up with this "Word of God" in your hand, you really do learn to trust it. But then, in the middle of normal, small town KH you hear again that we have restored the name Jehovah nearly 7000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. So you wonder, how many times is that name used per page? Hmmm, get the exact number 6800 something, divide it into the number of pages in the NWT reference Bible, and.................wow, 6 times a page. Thats a lot. Well, I wonder how many times it is used per page in the Christian Greek Scriptures..............restored 237 times divided into the pages and WOW only .8 times per page!!! Not iven once a page? And yet Jesus came to make his fathers name known? What's going on here? There must be an answer.

Apendix 1-d---restored where quoted------237 times----Greek kyrios and theos is now Jehovah instead of Lord or God. OK, I know Rev. 22:17 says we can't add to or take away a single word this scroll so lets see how Jehovah is used in Rev "where quoted". OK it is used about a dozen times but why do none of the cross references show a friggin quote?!?!?!? Why, because there aren't any quotes in Rev using the name Jehovah, and duh, when something is quoted you see " " marks!!!! What a scam. I am an old fart, and never noticed this before. Not only that, but acording to Insight Bk and elsewhere------------there are no ancient Greek manuscripts IN THE WORLD that have the Name Jehovah in them!!! Society gives all this credit to Satan and his "so-called christians" who took out the Devine name and replaced it with kyrios and theos.

Well hells bells they did a damn good job! Eliminated every copy in the world, but decided to leave it in the OT nearly 7000 times, like Christians don't use that part of the Bible. How many JW's have EVER EVEN NOTICED that the name Jehovah nearly falls off the face of the earth in the the New Testament (or Greek as we only know)? But in reality it does not go from 6 times a page to .8, it goes from 6 times a page to 000.000. Now, if you can believe it, there is only one sentence in any JW writings in 57 years that explains this little fact a bit. You will not find the answer of how or why we use the name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures in any of our Bibles footnotes, forwards, or appendixes, no talk, no assembly release, not even the Devine Name Brochure! And there is only one reason........THEY don't want US to know.

Yes I am mad, and feel very, very deceived, but unfortunately very alone. Has anyone even noticed this, and are there any posts about it?

• coaster
    coaster

First ever post. This is not new information, but it may be a scam anyway since it broke first in German and not English. I am still barely coasting along in this org. and am very observant, but evidently very slow. I do know that the worst thing for your short term mental health and well being is to study deep things, and try to prove them to yourself like the Beoreans. Why is there so much interest in UN crap, and yes we have perverts just like every other religion. But this is small stuff compared to............... we also have.........................OUR OWN BIBLE! When you grow up with this "Word of God" in your hand, you really do learn to trust it. But then, in the middle of normal, small town KH you hear again that we have restored the name Jehovah nearly 7000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. So you wonder, how many times is that name used per page? Hmmm, get the exact number 6800 something, divide it into the number of pages in the NWT reference Bible, and.................wow, 6 times a page. Thats a lot. Well, I wonder how many times it is used per page in the Christian Greek Scriptures..............restored 237 times divided into the pages and WOW only .8 times per page!!! Not iven once a page? And yet Jesus came to make his fathers name known? What's going on here? There must be an answer.

Apendix 1-d---restored where quoted------237 times----Greek kyrios and theos is now Jehovah instead of Lord or God. OK, I know Rev. 22:17 says we can't add to or take away a single word this scroll so lets see how Jehovah is used in Rev "where quoted". OK it is used about a dozen times but why do none of the cross references show a friggin quote?!?!?!? Why, because there aren't any quotes in Rev using the name Jehovah, and duh, when something is quoted you see " " marks!!!! What a scam. I am an old fart, and never noticed this before. Not only that, but acording to Insight Bk and elsewhere------------there are no ancient Greek manuscripts IN THE WORLD that have the Name Jehovah in them!!! Society gives all this credit to Satan and his "so-called christians" who took out the Devine name and replaced it with kyrios and theos.

Well hells bells they did a damn good job! Eliminated every copy in the world, but decided to leave it in the OT nearly 7000 times, like Christians don't use that part of the Bible. How many JW's have EVER EVEN NOTICED that the name Jehovah nearly falls off the face of the earth in the the New Testament (or Greek as we only know)? But in reality it does not go from 6 times a page to .8, it goes from 6 times a page to 000.000. Now, if you can believe it, there is only one sentence in any JW writings in 57 years that explains this little fact a bit. You will not find the answer of how or why we use the name Jehovah in the Christian Greek Scriptures in any of our Bibles footnotes, forwards, or appendixes, no talk, no assembly release, not even the Devine Name Brochure! And there is only one reason........THEY don't want US to know.

Yes I am mad, and feel very, very deceived, but unfortunately very alone. Has anyone even noticed this, and are there any posts about it?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day JeffT,

I'm going to be a kinda 'devil's advocate' here:

Acts 17:11 (New International Version)

11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Note: this says clearly that they were independently confirming what they were being told by one who had been designated by God as an Apostle. And they were praised for it. Maybe if the F&DS slave had a better message it could hold up to a bunch of people checking it out.

I'm sure the Borg would counter your argument by saying that in the KM they are addressing those already converted, not like the Bereans who had yet to convert. Note that the Bereans were not, at this time christians; they were examining the truthfulness of what Paul had been preaching to them, so in this respect they cannot parallel JWs today who would claim to be already christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit