German KM 09/07 Translated! Watchtower cracks down on study groups.

by drew sagan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I wonder if the Greek KM will encourage them not to study Greek?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Before this was translated I saw one huge word....NEIN...we all know what that means.

They used two additional words; "chat room" and "websites". We all know these are "dirty" words to any full fledged JW.

So I think most will shut down to any intelligent thought process very quickly. After this last assembly "Follow the Christ", I feel they are preparing big time for January and beyond. My mom is going to bring me a copy of that new release and mentioned there was no religious talk in it except one chapter, which addresses; who has the true religion.

Has anyone seen or read this yet?

The brick dividing wall just gets taller and taller.

r.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Give me a bookbag Thanx.

I don't remember the Bible ever saying that the F&DS had any authority to ban God's domestics from reading and researching its counsel. The only job the FDS was given was to give out info at certain times. That's all! FDS is behaving like a task master. Oh, and btw, there is no real FDS, but you already knew that. Imposters!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Just looking at the scriptures quoted, it's is easy to see this for what it is. Unscriptural.

I have used the NWT here.

KM : 1 cor 1:10 Now I exhort YOU, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that YOU should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among YOU, but that YOU may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.

What does paul mean here? Anything to do with open discussion?

1 cor 1:12 What I mean is this, that each one of YOU says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to A·pol´los,” “But I to Ce´phas,” “But I to Christ.”

KM : Col 2:6 Therefore, as YOU have accepted Christ Jesus the Lord, go on walking in union with him, 7 rooted and being built up in him and being stabilized in the faith, just as YOU were taught, overflowing with [faith] in thanksgiving.

But, Paul continues in Col 3:16 Let the word of the Christ reside in YOU richly in all wisdom. Keep on teaching and admonishing one another with psalms, praises to God, spiritual songs with graciousness, singing in YOUR hearts to Jehovah.

KM : Matt 24:45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

But, we should also remember :

Matt 24:4 And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.
    23 “Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.

KM : Titus 3:9 But shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile.

But, they don't include: Titus 3:10 As for a man that promotes a sect, reject him after a first and a second admonition;

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Auldsoul said : I wonder if the Greek KM will encourage them not to study Greek?

Simply priceless.

steve

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

So I think most will shut down to any intelligent thought process very quickly. After this last assembly "Follow the Christ", I feel they are preparing big time for January and beyond. My mom is going to bring me a copy of that new release and mentioned there was no religious talk in it except one chapter, which addresses; who has the true religion.

Has anyone seen or read this yet?

Do you mean the "new release"/"new book" ?

If so... it can be found HERE http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/138476/1.ashx

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good points Steve

The WTS really only goes to the scriptures for one reason, to find the words they want to use. They care not for what is going on within the context of the scripture itself. Instead they simply like to find a list of scriptures that all have a word they want to use and then go through those scriptures one by one thinking they just proved their point.

My wife once pointed out to me the material that an older Elder once used in his talk. The point of his material was 'obedience'. He got up on the platform and simply went one by one through the scriptures, reading each one where he found the word 'obedience'. The context was never discussed and all of the commentary given was simply WTS rules. But simply reading scriptures that had the word obedience in it the Elder actually thought he was using the Bible to teach, even though he never discussed what obedience meant form those same verses.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

This is reminiscent of what happened in the late 70s or early 80s or so when they cracked down on private WT study groups. Apparently, there was too much thinking going on and some people realized there was something wrong with the religion's teachings.

Too bad, because the sad thing is that these groups were organized because there was no socialization with the JWs and this was a 'wholesome' way for people to get together on the weekend.

LHG

• lawrence
    lawrence

In the beginning God created the Faithful and Discrete Slave in Brooklyn New York. The Faithful and Discrete Slave was with God, and was a god.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

So the WTS is against independent Bible study, right? How about this:

*** w87 9/15 p. 29 Is Religious History of Any Benefit to You? ***

It was an event of historical dimensions when Russell—together with other truth-loving men and women—started an independent Bible study in the 1870’s. Between 1870 and 1875, however, they were “merely getting the outlines of God’s Plan and unlearning many cherished errors, the time for the clear discernment of the minutia not having fully come,” as Russell later wrote. But the following years became milestones in restoration of original Christian standards.

*** w55 4/15 p. 237 Part 8—International Attempt to Destroy Society Fails ***

In April further clergy-inspired attempts to intimidate these preachers of the Kingdom message occurred. On April 15, 1918, however, Kingdom News No. 2 appeared, being distributed by the millions of copies, with bold headlines: “The Finished Mystery and Why Suppressed—Clergymen Take a Hand.” The facts of suppression in Canada and the United States up to April 15 were laid bare to the public, exposing the clergy’s efforts to destroy the Society’s activity. In connection with such distribution a petition was circulated, addressed to United States President Wilson:

“We, the undersigned Americans, hold that any interference by the clergy with independent Bible study is intolerant, un-American and un-Christian; and that any attempt to combine Church and State is radically wrong. In the interest of liberty and religious freedom, we solemnly protest against the suppression of The Finished Mystery, and petition the Government to remove all restrictions as to its use, that the people may be permitted without interference or molestation to buy, sell, have and read this aid to Bible study.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit