German KM 09/07 Translated! Watchtower cracks down on study groups.

by drew sagan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I know three people who will be livid, and primed for a little conversation.

Interesting. I wonder what that Elder I had that long conversation a few months ago will be thinking. He specifically told me numerous times that 'he wasn't going to let anybody tell him what he can and cannot do' in the way of study.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    'he wasn't going to let anybody tell him what he can and cannot do'

Do I smell a future JWDer? This time next year, he'll be at least a Newbie, maybe even a Junior.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Maybe we should encourage a preemptive campaign directed at asking JWs what they would do if the Watchtower Society ever encouraged them to stop doing personal Bible study, for instance, studying out the meaning of Greek and Hebrew words?

They would believe it was hypothetical ... not knowing it would come true in just a short couple of months.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

My mother is hopelessly in.

Fortunately, she is of the personality that she would never shun me.

But this thread has me thinking about people who are actively working on "enlightening" family members:

Work faster!!!

Anyone who is solidly entrenched when the members-only lit hits the streets will be that much more harder to convince.

• sir82
    sir82

This will serve to help separate the truly-brain-dead-but-loyal JWs from the hangers-on and the ones who still have illusions of change for the better.

It appears that they are drawing a line in the sand - and prefer to have a smaller core of fiercely loyal followers than a larger number of persons who may or may not blindly obey.

Can hardly wait for the January 15 WT, if this is a precursor of what to expect!

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

Exactly Burger Time!!!

And what about the following scripture?!

Matt. 18:20 - KJV (OH NO, I'm using one of the bible versions that closest to the Original Greek scriptures...GASP!)

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    KJV (OH NO, I'm using one of the bible versions that closest to the Original Greek scriptures...GASP!)

To be fair, KJV isn't known for its accuracy. But the verse you quoted is right on the money.

• freeme
    freeme

i wouldnt believe it if i wont be able to read it. but in the end its an old topic. its nothing new. but its scary to read in such clear words. and i can understand the original text.

• R.F.
    R.F.

sir82, i'm in agreement with your statement. It seems that by their actions of late they, that they are driving the "on-the-fencers" to the side opposite of them. It's reaching the point that they only reasons you stay in the Borg now are if you are die-hard WTS supporter or just don't want to lose family and friends.

R.F.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    its nothing new.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit