German KM 09/07 Translated! Watchtower cracks down on study groups.

by drew sagan 89 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/1996/7/22/article_01.htm:

Freedom-loving people are hard-pressed to understand why some governments and religions would withhold this freedom from their people. It is denial of a basic human right, and many people throughout the world suffer under suppression of this freedom. Will attitudes toward freedom of speech, even in countries that enjoy this basic right, continue to swing back and forth like a pendulum? Will the idea of freedom of speech be used to justify immoral or obscene language? Already the courts are struggling with the controversy.

steve

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Wow. The funny thing is that they slam priests for creating classes. Those that have the knowledge and teach and those who blindly follow whatever they say. And yet here is an example of just that. There is so much hypocrisy in JWs that it just makes me want to work harder to make sure my children stay EDUCATED. If they are educated and allowed to use their brains w/o being told what they can and can't read, they will figure things out.

I just hope that those w/a shred of common sense and/or reasoning that are in can see this for what it is and RUN, RUN as fast as they can, away from this mind control.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

This is eerily similar to the founding of the United States:

The methods used to found the country (revolution) are made _verboten_ afterwards.

Independent study groups is how CTR started this whole animal.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Good point steve

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, they had private groups like this up until the early 80's when the Great Apostasy hit the fan at Bethel. Groups gathered to discuss the above and just to pre-study the WT for that week. With the departure of Ray Franz and the dfing of several high level Bethelites, the word went out that any study groups made up of more than immediate family or 2 families were forbidden and could lead to loss of privileges and dfing.

Blondie

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Thanks Drew... I was going to try to OCR it and run it through Babel fish... but a real live person is much better...

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    Thanks Drew... I was going to try to OCR it and run it through Babel fish... but a real live person is much better...

Yeah, I used Babble fish to help with some of it but I needed a variety of other tools to finish the job.

I would consider this more of a paraphrase of the material rather than a translation. There where some things I just couldn't translate due to my inexperience. There where a number of words I wasn't able to figure out what they even where because the scan was made a such a low resolution.

But I think it represents the basic idea and framework of the article. Knowing "JW speak" made the whole process much eaiser.

• journey-on
    journey-on

This is just a precurser of what to expect in January when the Kool-Aid edition kicks in. They are preparing, IMO, the flock with this KM admonition not to look any further than just what the FDS/GB is telling them. Now when something comes out in the for-members-only issue that smells fishy, the admonition to just swallow it has already been put out there. Don't DARE research it or question it among yourselves. DO I TASTE KOOL-AID?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I wonder if anyone would look up Col 1: 9,10 and wonder why they are using a scripture completely out of context? This scripture is clearly speaking of the holy spirit speaking to individual. Oh yea forgot every scripture has the magical double meaning!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

If this is like the US article, and I guess we have every reason to expect it will be, I know three people who will be livid, and primed for a little conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit