All Ex-Elders, Mr.Flipper going to Final MeetingW/Elders! I'll be careful!

by flipper 83 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I'd bump this thread up from almost 3 years ago to show what I went through dealing with elders at a meeting AFTER I won an appeal of my DFing. Newbies may want to read some of the interesting aspects of this P.S. Oh- And Spike Tassel- I don't feel ANY need to respect elders anymore , notta. Peace out.

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up for any lurking or newbies on board who wanted to see what happens at JC meetings and perhaps how to handle it. Don't be in fear of elders- they ' re only human like you and me. By the way- this thread happened 3 years ago- not a current situation

• freydo
    freydo

I read something in a psychology magazine today about a judge's ability to determine their own impartiality. It turns out that the more impartial they think they are they also consider themselves more righteous. I think this "blindness" applies to every jw elder. Once they've been appointed they feel they can do no wrong. There used to be a standing joke at our hall about how the only way an elder could get deleted, as they were such a bunch of brazen hippocrites, was if they were caught conducting immoraity in the hall.

• flipper
    flipper

FREYDO- Interesting take on the judge situation. I agree. I knew many elders who thought they were impartial- but when it came down to it, they could never admit to an error in judgment on a JC case. Kind of like an umpire in Baseball, or referee in Basketball - once they make a call, they'll rarely if ever turn it over to the correct call. I even saw elders get away with immorality at times for years without being detected. JG's holy spirit not in action, eh ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• freydo
    freydo

This is what happens when there's no public accountability.

The self-righteous elders are only accountable to themselves, the loving CO and their wives.

They were canvassing today. Was hoping they'd stop by.

Wanted to tell 'em I was already in a cult that knew how to pronounce God's name.

Called The Way. Then quote Proverbs 30:4 - in their Bible

Darby Translation (DARBY) - "Who hath ascended up into the heavens, and descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound the waters in a mantle? Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou knowest?"

(And it's not Jehovah and the guy who cuts your neighbor's grass.)

• flipper
    flipper

FREYDO- Good point you make. I agree the elders only have THEMSELVES to account to. Not the publishers , hell they don't even have to explain to C.O.'s how they treat publishers at JC meetings because it's just assumed they will follow the WT society's lead or be fair and just. Doesn't happen. I've seen more elders in my time give personal opinions as advice as to witnesses than stars in the sky. It's ridiculous

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this thread up as the poster DOZY had asked if anybody had ever won their appeal and had a DFing overturned. I did back in 2007 and on the 1st page of this thread I discuss what happened after I won my appeal and how the elders met back with me trying to woo me back to meetings. So I thought this might be helpful to some newer members who wanted to see in action a description of how to stand up for yourself in JC meetings. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Balaamsass
  • flipper
    flipper

BALAAMSASS- Hey thanks ! Yeah, it was a seriously jacked up situation dealing with these elders. It WAS like a damned chess game trying to see what angle they were coming from. I'm glad they haven't bothered me for years now. I like it that way. Too much stress which was unbelievably difficult to deal with. Freedom is sweet, so is a peaceful life

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

It does feel wonderful to be free, but I feel badly for you and anybody who has family members still in this hateful religion!

You just want to be RID of it and scrape the last residue off the bottom of your shoe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit