Becoming officially recognized as Annointed

by B_Deserter 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dawg
    dawg

we're all adults here, why is it that gladtidings is having his stuff removed.. I mean, do you that run this site think we've never seen dissent before? It's really not fair no matter what he says, we're all educated people here?

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

By means of these they get anointed:

alt

• Arthur
    Arthur

Last night, What-A-Coicidence and I had dinner together. We were both swapping Bethel stories, and he told me that when he was there, he knew of a Bethelite in his 20's who began partaking after ariving at Bethel. I guess a whole lot of the 144,000 have fallen away, and Jehovah is scrambling to find replacements.

I think it would be a hoot if Prince started partaking. You know he would be the best dressed one of the 24 Elders in heaven.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is a Test every Annionted Person must be able to Pass..The Annointed must be able to do this:Doctor..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with everything bennyk said. Also- "Doctrine not constantly repeated is soon forgotten."
    That isn't true with active anti-JW websites proclaiming their doctrines, now, but still for the
    most part. If they stop saying that there are 144,000 of them, the ranks will eventually stop
    mentioning it, then the next generation will assume something different.

Perhaps the "questions" come from the doubt that newer members are anointed.
    Their claim is seriously questioned, but not officially questioned.

They have many new anointed ones as they expand into developing nations.
    They don't want to chase them off, but they can't give them any special attention.

• emptywords
    emptywords

but they do have their views, I've asked that question of a few elders and older ones, and have hear a similar ring, they are very zealous in the witnessing work, they have this strong desire to go to heaven and are in love with Jehovah and want to be with him, cant' wait to be with him, also feel a very very stong union with Christ and a oneness.

• monophonic
    monophonic

"I heard you don't even have to be annointed to be on the GB now."

"I've never heard this and it would go against JW theology if they made this change. The governing body justifies their power because they claim to be the representatives of the faithful and discreet (slave), the anointed. They fancy themselves a sort of elder body for the anointed. Since they interpret Mathew 24:45-47 to mean that Jesus has appointed the remnant of the 144,000 as the FDS, they draw their own authority from claiming to be the spokesmen, an elder body, for the FDS. To put non-anointed on the governing body would make no sense keeping these teachings in mind. The non-anointed are not supposed to be taking a leadership role under JW theology because Jesus didn't appoint them to oversee the "domestics."

It's possible, probably highly likely, that they changed the 1935 teaching in order to persuade "capable," long-time Bethelites to decide that they are part of the anointed after all in order to qualify for vacant GB spots."

i thought that was the 'new light' like 7 years or so ago, that they were setting up non-annointed to participate in GB duties...can someone confirm or tell me i'm off my rocker.

• monophonic
    monophonic

my 'love study' to come back into the borg after i was inactive a couple of years was w/ an annointed brother who was in his 30's in 1991-ish.

every KH he went to the elders were on his ass for claiming annointed...they automatically wouldn't let him pray, it was always phone calls to bethel and tons of shit he had to go through. i hit him with many questions and here's the interesting things i got out of him.

for a few years he got physically ill and felt there was something really wrong during the memorial time when he didn't partake.

he prayed intensely every year asking if it was his calling.

the year he finally partook, all his physical symptoms went away and there was a huge sense of relief....nothing too much more than that.

he also told me that if the wtbts was not the truth, at least it was a decent way to live...so there was some reasonableness in there that it might not be the truth.

he was a bethelite for many years and i have a feeling his claiming annointed got him pushed out, though he'd never admit it and said it was because of health problems.

i wonder if he's still a jw, i seriously think it's a 50/50 shot, but the last we chatted, he was still an elder, annointed, and all about the wtbts.

he was against my seeking therapy b/c 'the bible was all i needed' and i disobeyed him and would like to give him a kick in the teeth for even suggesting that due to my family tragedies and background.

i don't want to give his name in the public forum, but if this person seems familiar to you and you have an update on him, pm me. he is/was VERY well known all over.

• emptywords
    emptywords

because many had already died and the end hadn't come, so there some unfaithful and had to be replaced, and the system goes on.... la la la la la

What they fail to grasp is their erroneous teachings of 1914 Christ's presence and that there were judged and given the joy of being the FDS. They cant admit to being wrong because the whole WTBTS stucture is being held up by the 1914 and Christs approval of them.

Ezekiel and Micah, Isiah and parts of Jeremiah does not apply to modern day Christedom as they say, it applys to the evil slave class those professing to be of the faithful slave but are not.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

PinTail

Jehovah is a god

If you say so! But why did you call your God and LORD Jehovah a god? Seem to me you should have had a flash of divine light while posting! Because Jehovah is The Almighty God!

I think everyone should part take so no big deal here. But your not one of the 144,000 because that is a continuing number which will include the great crowd that NO MAN COULD NUMBER! but Jehovah God can and knows the number!

God is not going to make one of the 144,000 have special feelings that the other sheep would not have. That is just a myth with the J.W.

What did flashing divine light come down and strike you feet all the way to your head?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit