Becoming officially recognized as Annointed

by B_Deserter 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

There is a great deal in the scriptures which describes what happened to me ...

Loz x

• wannabe
    wannabe

Hi All!

In case you missed it in Hebrews 5 Paul tells you all: "A man takes this honor not of his own accord, but only when he is called by God." Those that really are, will know they are according to Ephesians 1:17,18 and Romans 8:14-17 Jehovah by means of the Holy Spirit will make certain they know the hope he has set upon them. Just don't go trying to choose it for yourself, whatever you do. Cuz it just might not be true. Wannabe

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Don Alden Adams born 'about' 1925 is the current President of the WT
    He is NOT a member of the GB....Wilkepedia source

Don Adams is president of WTB&TS of Pennsylvania. Max Larson is President of WTB&TS of New York (see inside of any WT magazine) and he is not of the anointed either, despite his age. There are quite a few more 'presidents' of the various corporations the WTS is now split into.

The GB members have to be anointed however, I think it was Haydn Covington who stepped down many years ago because he was not of the anointed.

I recently asked if a stranger was to partake, would they be counted? Answer NO. If a member of the congregation began partaking they WOULD be counted but would be throughly questioned about it. It cannot be just a feeling or calling. They have to be preaching, experienced etc etc.

George

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I think it was Haydn Covington who stepped down many years ago because he was not of the anointed.

That was long before the "Governing Body" (as it is today) was formed. Hayden Covington had a lot of problems with the Knorr administration besides not being of the annointed.

He was eventually disfellowshipped over alcohol (pretty rare in the JW world) but inside sources told me at the time that the real underlying political reason was that he represented Muhammed Ali in his draft resistance trial and embarrased Knorr/Franz.

Back to topic - and this is my own opinion: The JW doctrine that the "annointed" are somehow "special" is an ugly one which divides their own flock. I believe that many people have been honestly deluded into being JW "partakers" out of purely psychological reactions. When they leave the JWs and study the origins of this divisive doctrine, they begin to realize that.

No offense meant, but no one christian can rightly claim to be "more special" than another. All are the same.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I certainly never claimed to be 'more special' than anyone else Jwoods ...nor do I now...but it definitely seems that God chooses to reach people in different ways according to his own wishes (no offence here either)....and I'm sure he doesnt limit it to JWs...

Loz x

• JWoods
    JWoods

Good point, Loz.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

As a Witness, I eventually came to the conclusion that being anointed wasn't all that desirable. If Jesus' sacrifice was to put back on track what Adam and Eve lost for mankind, well, that would be perfect live on this paradise earth. Therefore, to me, it stands to reason that the anointed are sacrificing everything God had purposed for a man ... no? Now, I am not saying that a heavenly calling would be a bad thing, but if there were two callings, one heavenly and one earthly, wasn't the first prophecy in the Bible made for the benefit of man ... wasn't the Kingdom established to benefit man on earth ... if the NT (or Christian Greek Scriptures) were written primarily for the anointed, isn't the purpose of the Kingdom with the anointed kings and priests to serve mankind? So really, wouldn't the great crowd be the primary beneficiaries considering God's purpose for the earth?

• Scott77
    Scott77

To me,the whole notion of 144,000 is myth perpetuated by the WTS to control the r & f JWs. Look! instead of the number decreasing since 1914, we see an increase of new claimants. And with this increase, follow unanswered questions on about an organisations that claim to have God's holy spirit, can also make predictions that did not come true.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Scott has it. It is a myth. There are no "anointed" and "non-anointed" Christians. There are just Christians. You accept Jesus Christ and He sends you the Helper, the Holy Spirit, to work with you throughout your Christian life. Period.

I don't know where we end up ultimately, nor do I think it is particularly relevant.

• wannabe
    wannabe

Hi All!

Allow me to throw in my two-cents worth here. Wouldn't those that really were anointed be driven to witness for the Christ? Wasn't that the work they were foretold to do when satan is thrown down? Revelation 12:17 Didn't Paul predict that the Whole World would be blind to what that work was, including the Governing Body? 2 Corinthians 4:3,4 Seems to me, theyd be doing the same work now as they did in the first century. Don't you think? Wannabe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit