Becoming officially recognized as Annointed

by B_Deserter 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BCberean
    BCberean

Don Alden Adams born 'about' 1925 is the current President of the WT

He is NOT a member of the GB....Wilkepedia source

I was told that new ones could become annointed to TAKE THE PLACE of the APOSTATE annointed.......soooooo I wonder why D.A. Adams didn't become annointed.

Perhaps it's because they are anticipating that as the 'annointed' die off ...there won't be enough apostates left for the 'new' annointed ones to replace.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

I'm a little confused because the anointed should be pretty much dead by now and the number is not decreasing as it should.

• Deleted
    Deleted

I don't think some organized rigorous 'test' is WTS policy. We had 3 partakers in out little congo in rural Portland Oregon (as our gossipy PO said: 1 was anointed and 2 others partook). One lived next door for many years, he was always out of synch with 'current truth', but there were no tests, just basic human criticism for being different. The truly 'anointed' of the 3 was a lovely elder, very kind. He told me that he was attacked by Satan when he started to partake as the brothers started to criticize him from then on - I just assumed that because the brothers thought he thought himself 'better' that they started to question him, that would be human nature, not Satan (there is no Satan). Glen

• BCberean
    BCberean

Praps it's the WT 'replacement' theology that I just mentioned....but......there's a limit sooooo.....hmmmmm.....the new rules say that the current president Don Adams 'doesn't' have to be part of the GB(annointed) check out the Wilkepedia article on the JW GB...it wxplains the CHANGES

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

I can't imagine being a grown adult associated with this organization, and having to be forced to believe this teaching & practice, and then actually believe in it.

Is this part of the JW training, anywhere in scripture? Please let me know, thanks.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In my experience there was two types of "annointed": the very old, but not senile, ones who spouted off scriptures to you whenever you dropped in out in service, all smiles, as you sat at the knees, waiting for their spirituality to drip off onto you. Then there were the upper-50s-ish type-A elders, usually a bachelor, and most lilkely a sub-CO, who could also get away with being "annointed." Looking back, anyone who was delusional enough to proclaim themselves annointed must have been quite mentally disturbed.

• wannabe
    wannabe

Hi All!

Read Matthew 20:20-23 you will learn that not even the Son of God could choose that office for anyone else. Read also Pauls words at Hebrews 5:1-10- you will see that not even Jesus could choose that office for himself, but was chosen by God. As everyone chosen for that office is. Revelation 7:1-4 tells us about a final sealing work of that number, and that choosing is done by the Angels sent out by Christ. The Governing Body bu choosing those ones themselves, are seating themselves in the Temple of God professing to be God, as Paul foretold they would do. Read 2 Thessalonials 2:1-12 They are, in actuality, the Man of Lawlessness Paul foretold. You will see this Man had a verbal message or letter that had the true appearance of Coming from the true anointed class. What do you get when the witnesses come to your door? Is it not a well rehearsed presentation delivered verbally? Do they not have that message or letter that appears to come from the true anointed class? As Paul had said: "As though from us." The Watchtow and Awake Magazine, being the letter Paul spoke about? Didn't Jesus say there would be one false Prophet that might mislead, if possible even the Chosen ones? Matthew 24:24 Didn't Luke tell us that there would be one telling us 'the due time has arrived?' Or approached? What is the focus of their message? Is it not the nearness of the Kingdom? Luke 21:8 Pardon the expression: But those guys are TOAST! Wannabe

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I've heard there is a very secretive process the WTS uses to determine whether or not they'll consider someone "of the Annointed." From what I've heard it's a very rigorous set of questions. Can anyone here confirm this? I'm just curious as to the process of being recognized.

I asked this question of two ranking members of the society back in around 1970 - both annointed: Al Schroeder, later of the Governing Body, and Dave Wetzler, Circuit Overseer in Oklahoma.

Both said that there is no particular set of questions. Schroeder was very evasive about the whole issue - "you just have to know in your heart" -

Wetzler, who was a pretty good friend, said that when it happens at Bethel, (as it did for him), increased scrutiny is given to the individual pretty much like for any upcoming witness. If they turn out to be really gung-ho, then likely they will be selected for "greater priviliges" - in his case he was allowed to get married and they put him into a circuit. His wife, BTW, never claimed to be of the annointed. It sounded more political than anything else - like any JW appointment.

I think Dave would have told me the truth if there was a secret rigorous set of questions. There are many silly JW rumors going around about the annointed - especially the "new annointed".

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi...interesting topic...I was 'anointed' in 1992 at the age of 40 ...I can clarify that it is an undeniable experience and not something you can 'wish' on yourself at all. Having said that in recent years I've had to revise my thinking since this experience happened to me as a JW I related to it in their terms but subsequently I conclude that many people in many different religions have very similar experiences of this type of 'calling'. Noone made me answer any specific questions but it definitely caused some controversy....

My full story is here if anyone's interested...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/191090/1/Hello-this-is-my-story

Loz x

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I related to it in their terms but subsequently I conclude that many people in many different religions have very similar experiences of this type of 'calling'.

I think this is what happened to my friend Dave Wetzler - he was IMHO sincere about it, but it was not at all what the JWs pretend it to be - in other words a "special selection".

I think that in religious terms it is a sort of religious awakening - in secular terms one would probably call it something psychological.

Of course, nothing in the bible about it at all except in general terms for all christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit