Becoming officially recognized as Annointed

by B_Deserter 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

We had one real gung-ho, self-righteous, Type-A personality elder where I grew up. He wasn't a partaker himself, but he would go positively apesh*t whenever anyone would say "So-and-so PROFESSES to be of the anointed" or "So-and-so CLAIMS to have the heavenly calling".

Mr. Gung-ho: "What do you mean PROFESSES? Are you calling them a liar?"

Things would get real quiet and everyone would remind themselves why this guy never got too many dinner invitations.

Open Mind

• dawg
    dawg

Gill, great point.... God and jehovah are completly differnt subject matters... it reminds me when discussing the bible and you say it isn't the word of God the one you're debating always says "you don't believe in God" again, tow different subjects.

• erandir
    erandir

I once was reaching for a bottle of cooking oil in the cupboard and knocked it over and got oil spilled on my head. Does that count? Am I annointed?

• monophonic
    monophonic

gary, i'm interested in more info on that...i believe you wrote about it in another thread. could you link me to that thread or give more info?

thanks.

• monophonic
    monophonic

" indicating that the number 144 000 is not to be taken as literal. That way they can keep the two-class/two-destiny system without worrying about the non-declining number of Partakers. The number 144 000 was conspicuous by its absence in the 01. May 2007 QfR. And an increase in the number of partakers won't threaten the current power structure because the Governing Body has already declared that the "genuine" (non-GB) anointed willingly serve under the direction of the Governing Body, have no special insight, and may even be 'spiritually weak.'"

Holy shit, excuse my french, Divine Merde!

that's been the defining belief for so long. oh please oh please let more see the light from this if it happens...the dark light. :)

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    thought that was the 'new light' like 7 years or so ago, that they were setting up non-annointed to participate in GB duties...can someone confirm or tell me i'm off my rocker.

There was a ridiculous Watchtower article that came out about 10 years ago that seemingly set up a third caste of Christians that the article identified as the "given ones." These were said to be non-anointed men that helped the governing body carry out their duties, but they had no voting rights. In other words, they did things that only members of the "anointed" were allowed to do before, but the so-called anointed members of the governing body still had final say. There has never been any mention of this teaching ever since, at least none that I'm aware of, and the doctrine was seemingly buried, swept under the rug, if you will. Never has the society said that governing body is open to be filled by members of the non-anointed class. I think much of the confusion stems from the given ones article a while back.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Here's a link to a thread that discusses the "given ones" doctrine:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/101208/1.ashx/

• Nulite
    Nulite

Either the 144,000 is a literal number or not. The J-Dubs can't have it both ways. Mathematically that number was reached long ago using the JW calculus.

NL

• greendawn
    greendawn
    Watch for the appearance of a sub heavenly class .

Gary isn't that sub heavenly class the so called great crowd class?

I don't think they have a test for the so called anointed since their official position is that this is a decision between the emblem taker and their jehovah. They don't try to probe deeper and verify what an emblem taking person really is: a fraud, a cookie, or genuine?

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I am not sure if this even applies here since this may not even be the case but, but I remember being told that during the memorials the brothers assigned to head counts checked for "annointed" ones, and these numbers were in turned in to the society, which makes me think that they somehow had a headcount of those proclaming to be annointed through the kingdumb halls. So the old bastards in crooklyn have to know how many are left, imo and what if those partaking now surpass the 144,000 mark worldwide? Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit