30 Minute Public Talk-CONFIRMED

by stillajwexelder 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    There is some strange plan to all of this, i just can't put my finger on it yet.

Ditto. So many possibilities, some of which have been speculated upon already. One thing is for sure - this is about survival-strategy for the WTS, not more time for fellowship and service.

• houdini
    houdini

I'm pretty sure you can keep the same talk, just speed up a bit, most of our public speakers are so slow and deliberate, that they could easily fit it into half the time.

Also cut out half the made up bible references that have very little bearing on the topic of the talk. and you'll be over with in 15 minutes.

I won't have time to fall asleep then only to be nudged awake when we have to stand up to sing,

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Room 215:

upscale casual" dress in place of the jacket and tie at congregation book studies

Hell, that is already happening down in Florida. I was visiting my mom and showed up with a suit jacket at the Book Study... and I seen that all the brothers, including the conductor and reader, were not wearing jackets. Mine came off immediately. I was told later the only time brothers wore jackets was if they had a part on the platform. I once seen a brother put his jacket on as he was going on stage, and had barely 1 foot off the stage when he was done and that jacket was off!

(sorry for going off topic, but it looks like this horse has been beat to death anyway and it was a resurrected thread...., just wanted to comment on r215's comment....)

Snakes ()

• 5go
    5go

Confirmed here.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Just heardt he letter has been read out in Ireland. They are definitely keeping the same outlines and reducing each section and not long dwelling at all on negative comments on the state fo the system

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    In the old days, the public talk was 55 minutes in length.

This reminded me of the days as a child I sat at the meetings and truley hated every single stinkin one of them. I would nod off because of the mono-tone BS emitting from the stage, while mom would smack me "upside da head"

I think of my 9 yo son (avatar), I would NEVER, ever subject him to that level of intellectual malarky, and smack him for not listening.......Phew! what a bass-ackwards concept.

EW

• VM44
    VM44

30 minute public talks???!!! What is the world coming to?

This can only mean that Armageddon is very close and can start any minute now.

--VM44

• ?me?
    ?me?

maybe, just maybe they will start haveing the daily text before the sunday meeting? just a thought... they do that at the conventions,and assemblies, why not in the morning on sunday to try to get EVERYONE in the habit of the daily text, errrrrrrrrrrrrrr, review of last years WT.

• observador
    observador

stilla, thank you so much for posting this.

The waters of Babylon, the Great, is definitely drying up.

Ever less and less food for Jehovah's people.

Convention that used to be 8 days are now 3;

hours requirements that were 60 are now 50;

Awake! that was bi-weekely is now monthly;

Public talk that was 45 min. is now 30 min.

Lurkers, do you see the trend? And it seems like this "wicked system of things" is not so bad after all, humn?

As I say once in a while: The main thing you lose as a JW is your time. Don't waste it.

Observador.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ah the light gets brighter and simplification is proceeding - aren't the Faithful and Discreet Slave Wonderful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit