30 Minute Public Talk-CONFIRMED

by stillajwexelder 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    can confirm. The letter was read in our congregation this week. The public talk is 30 minutes. The watchtower stays the same. The explanation was that it would allow for more time to 'fellowship',participate in field service, and reduce contention among congregations that share a single hall

I heard the announcement today............ it is scheduled for January

• stillajwexelder
  • Nulite
    Nulite

Hey stillajwexelder reveal your source. lol. I see your original post was on 7/18/07, very nice. I got off the phone with my source at bethel after morning worship on the 19th and posted right away. You evidently have a source in the service department. I thought my post was the first--wrong.

NL

• under_believer
    under_believer

>Perhaps the GB is finally going to adapt to the reality on the ground
    >and shift the emphasis of the religion away from being an apocalyptic
    >cult to a cult that focuses more on setting up a community system for
    >their members with a focus on controlling their lives in order to keep
    >them busy working for the religion’s best interests. We shall see how
    >events unfold.

Ummm... welcome to 1980?

• peggy
    peggy

Interestingly enough, I have heard that in my area where there are several congregations, about half heard the announcement. It seems, that if the PO is on vacation or is inept, the announcement was not made and is pending.

The announcement was NOT made at my cong. Not only is the PO INEPT.....he is also on vacation....AGAIN. That is a whole other story!!!

Peg

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

or a tactic to find out where information is leaking!

• justhuman
    justhuman

I don't care less. There is 6 years that I stoped going to their meetings and 1 year that I'm disfellowshiped and I AINT GOING BACK TO THAT SH#T

• Room 215
    Room 215

It seems to me that it's just pragmatism, part of leadership's trend to adjust to the JWs diminished commitment to the movement in an effort to stem the increasing lethargy and numeric outflow of members. We've noted reductions in the hourly requirements for pioneers, the length of circuit and district assembly days (along with the shrotening of the length of the individual days within the assemblies), cutbacks from hour-long meetings to 45 minutes for four out of five of the weekly meetings, and acceptance of field service reports for as little as 15 minutes per month. My guess is that the next ``accommodation" will be to permit ``upscale casual" dress in place of the jacket and tie at congregation book studies.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Oh, how my father delighted in proclaiming their messages of negativity until he finally killed himself with the bound volumes surrounding him.

is this metaphoric or literal

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

My ex who teaches for a living always felt that more than 30 minutes is too long. People's attention drifts. Maybe the all wise GB finally figured this out. In any event the public is not at the public talk anyway, so why drag it out?

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit