What if you're missing the purpose?

by journey-on 161 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Changeling

Isn't it funny how people think all people from NO are cajun?

I lived in that area a long time ago, and most do get caught up in the Cajun culture whether they're true Cajun or not! I loved that part of it actually. Also, the "deaux" is a dead give away.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I will add: what could be more of a valid purpose, than to live our true nature?

j

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah changeling. i don't know if you've ever been here, but, there are actually few cajuns in new orleans. i am one, but, new orleans is mostly italian, irish, and african-american. it also cracks me up when people think we take our pirogues down to the daily mardi gras parade for our bowl of gumbo. oh, and for people that don't know, new orleans people do not sound southern, we actually usually sound like we are from brooklyn or boston.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

your right journey, the cajun culture is strong, but, new orleans is a unique blend of cultures as i'm sure you know. what part of the big easy did ya live in?

• poppers
    poppers

From journey-on: "Do you mean to experience existence without the emotion? If this is the case, then again, you may be missing the purpose?"

Being awake to one's true nature doesn't mean that one lacks emotion. Rather, it means that emotion flows freely through you and then out again. It no longer rattles around within you by getting replayed in the mind by identification with the egoic sense, the sense of "me". It's the "sense of me" that gets trapped in duality; the real you doesn't. So the purpose remains intact - to fully experience what arises in duality, but one's ever present true nature is no longer obscured by events/emotions in the world of manifestation (duality). In other words, you are fully in the world but no longer trapped by it.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Bigdreaux........I did not live in NO but closer to Baton Rouge. It is definitely a unique place.

Poppers

In other words, you are fully in the world but no longer trapped by it.

Maybe this is the true meaning of the scripture the JW's love to quote about "being in the world, but not a part of it."

• snarf
    snarf

I am one to believe in Karma. If I am doing good things and doing my best at all I do, then I will be rewarded in turn by a better job, happier family life, or maybe just the kindness of a person holding the door open for me. However if I am doing bad, lying and manipulatin people around me for personal gain, then what goes around comes around. I have been through many struggles in my life from molestation to legal problems. It was only when I applied myself honestly and worked the hardest I could, I found inner peace, which my friend, is golden.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

If I'm becoming "aware", I think it means that one observes the emotions, acknowledges them,

understanding that one is not defined by them.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    understanding that one is not defined by them

• journey-on
    journey-on

JamesThomas

Hello. I always enjoy your posts.

what could be more of a valid purpose, than to live our true nature?

Now, explain to me in "plain English" what your true nature is? Is it physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, or all combined into something unexplainable?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit