What if you're missing the purpose?

by journey-on 161 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

AlphaOmega

By loving those that we "bump" into on our journey - therby returning it to him. That is borne out by Jesus words in Revelation "that you did for the least of my brothers - you did it for me" and it addresses the "karma" of the Lord's prayer.

This is what I'm talking about: reading the Scriptures without religiousity! Your Life is putting it all together. Who knows? Maybe this existence is the cocoon.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

journey-Laissez les bons temps rouler forever

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Journey... leave...good times... forever...

Is my translation bad ?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

lol alpha, no offense, but your way off. it's "let the good times roll" cajun french is a slang form of true french. it's sometimes hard to translate cajun french if you don't know the language. thanks for trying though.

• poppers
    poppers

What a great question! Perhaps the ultimate "purpose" is to then experience the "pull of opposites" without becoming lost within the the opposites. One can be aware of one's true nature and still fully taste duality. That's what transcendence is - it embraces duality but is not confined to it. One who is awake to their true nature fully embodies the experience of duality but such experience no longer imprisons them within it.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    lol alpha, no offense, but your way off. it's "let the good times roll" cajun french is a slang form of true french. it's sometimes hard to translate cajun french if you don't know the language. thanks for trying though.

oops

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

lol, alot of people have trouble with cajun french. it's like the ebonics of europe. lol

• journey-on
    journey-on

Yes, Bigdreaux.......LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

Poppers

experience no longer imprisons them within it.

What does this mean? What do you mean by "imprisons"? Do you mean to experience existence without the emotion? If this is the case, then again, you may be missing the purpose?

• changeling
    changeling

bigdreux: Isn't it funny how people think all people from NO are cajun?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Perhaps some are interpreting that to awaken to ones true Identity is to become a zombie detached from the multifaceted expressions of existence. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

In line with what poppers already expressed, awakening to our real Self, dissolves the walls that make life seem as something separate and outside. We are the movement of life; all of it. Yet more than that, closer than that, we are the pristine awareness and stillness which all life moves and flows within. It seems paradoxical. It has to be experienced first hand.

I wouldn't allow anything we might imagine awakening to be, to detour us from discovering for our selves; as it is nothing the mind can imagine.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit