Do you know how strong you all are?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest jw friends

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks jgnat - its good to be reminded

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Jgnat, I am honored to be in your company. All 8 points apply in one way or another. Thanks for posting this. You are as the song with Wheeling Jennings and Willie Nelson goes," She's a Good-Hearted Woman", oh yes you are!

Blueblades

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow,,,,you made my day,,I have copied & pasted & saved this. Doing a printout to put up by my computer to look at daily or when I forget your most loving words. Thank you!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Worthy of a sticky.

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks jg...

And you know what some of us need more than anything sometimes? For someone to acknowledge that what we've gone through, that what we're doing is hard and that it must take a certain amount of bravery to stand up against the oppression and repression, so your post is much appreciated.

Some of us are alone in our situation. Sometimes it's tough knowing that we've figured something out that no one else you know seems to be able to grasp or understand. Then, at times, you question yourself since no one else sees what you see.

That's why this board can be our support group. Here, people from all over the world share experiences of what it was like and how we escaped or how we're trying to escape. We see what others go through and realize that we're not alone...and that others actually have it much worse than ourselves and their strength and bravery inspires us to continue on.

Thanks again for the support.

• lawrence
    lawrence

jg-

Right on! What an excellent encapsulation. Thank you!

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

That was beautiful jgnat!

and to all of you strong people:

I am proud to be your fellow-traveler for a while in this labryinth called life.

Regards,

Deus Mauzzim

• poppers
    poppers

I agree with jgnat's assessment, and I share her admiration for you people here.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's why I like hanging out here.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks - validation is important and we don't get it very often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit