Do you know how strong you all are?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Today I am strong

I am aware of my strength and I embrace it.

I love the scars that have molded me and made me capeable of seeing situations as they happen now.

I do not play in the fact these bad things have happened,

but I see that only by these experiences am I able to see it happening again.

Stop it.

Change courses.

Fix things, help others. Loan my strength to those when they are down...

and yet not be too proud to admit that I need to take a shoulder and sop it with tears from time to time.

Today I understand that trouble does not follow me around,

I just am strong enough to approach it. See it. Change it,

And now, I am strong enough to stop it.

I do not fear subjects as I once did and I do not fear talking about the tabu.

I am strong.

I teach my children to be strong.

I find sometimes I did not know what I was creating, but they took me literal and they have added their own twist.

They are strong. Stronger than I could have predicted.

So do not be weak about me. Be strong with me. Have your weak moments...let me have mine...forgive me, love me, let me love you and then..........

and rise up.

Lets be strong together.

Decki

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow! Not only am I strong but I'm pretty darn smart! Frist time I could put a check after all the points brought up. Yay me! Some of it was darn hard but in hindsight I would do it all over again only one thing different....................I WOULD HAVE DONE IT 30 YEARS SOONER!

Thanks jgnat for the great reminder you are a real gem of a person I'm honored to know you! I'm honored to know all of you!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I am honored to be in your company

And I to be in yours jgnat~

• orbison11
    orbison11

thank u

i miss my children and my friends:(

wendy

• Backed away
    Backed away
    i miss my children and my friends:(

Yes I do, the power in this one comment alone proves it. To say goodbye to family and friends, YOUR OWN children because your belief system is wrong takes strength many couldn't never do.

I also know what being raised in a system that excludes a outside life can feel like once you remove yourself from it. The toughest "pill" I have ever had to swallow. I think of all those "devoted" born agains,muslims,hindu's,buddists,mormon's and what it would be like for them to leave something they have only known and be treated the way we EX-JW's are, not sure they could deal with it,honestly. Admitting your parents, your friends, to yourself its wrong takes oneself to the deepest part of their very being.

I am proud to be in this company of amazing strength

John

• Mum
    Mum

Thanks, jg. Your wisdom is phenomenal and a great help to many. You are quite amazing to understand us as well as you do, never having put yourself in our well-worn shoes.

Bless you for your continuing support and insight,

SandraC

• Honesty
    Honesty

((((((((((jgnat))))))))))

You are painfully sensitive to the horrors of rejection and as a consequence, are more compassionate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit