Do you know how strong you all are?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm thinking this morning at the enormous effort required to leave the Witnesses. That you all found your way here is amazing. You are a select group of strong people, who will not allow life or any organization to knock you down. Any more.

Here's some things you have overcome.

1. You had to face your own self-deception.
    2. You owned up to your mistake and came to terms with the years wasted on a senseless cause.
    3. You disobeyed the society and went on the internet, doing your own independent research.
    4. Some of you risked losing friends and family - your entire social network - to leave.
    5. Some of you live with deep regret for decisions made as a witness.
    6. Some of you lost financially by living by your choice.
    7. You shed the tears then picked yourself up and started over, some twenty years later than average folks. Some of you even enroll in college and get yourself educated for the first time.
    8. You fight bitterness, loneliness and depression.

You've woken up, you are more self-aware than most people on the planet. You won't be taken in by marketing schemes ever again. You are painfully sensitive to the horrors of rejection and as a consequence, are more compassionate.

You are strong people, and I am honored to be in your company.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you Janet!

I believe you have rolled the essence into your post. Only in some cases that I know of, including mine, there is an even longer period of delay in getting to life - in my case 40 years.

I too, am dutifully proud of being in association with these people. They are real people now - having shed the plastic. It is very emotional for me to realise just how true this is for me and them. Some of these people of great character are ostacized by friends that they spent a lifetime in the company of, and for the sake of real 'truth' - rejection at least of 'falsehood' - now are alone often.

This forum and others like it are a godsend in that regard.

Thank God and Simon.

Jeff

• freedomloverr
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Thanks jg, but Im just bullheaded and stubborn lol

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, jgnat. Sometimes those of us who were in the dark forget what we have achieved. And we find a large group of new friends that as a jw we would never have known.

Blondie

• zack
    zack

Thanks for the post. While still in and very active I would wonder how anyone could ever leave the Truth? It seemed to me like stepping out into the vacuum of space to be lost and listless forever. I am glad so many had the courage, the smarts, the will power to leave and to let it be known why they left. Thanks to Freeminds, and Ray, and JWD I was able to see for myself what the Road Less Traveled was and why it was. Thanks all.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

What a beautiful thing to say...and what a beautiful thing to see...

~Merry

• brinjen
    brinjen

Jgnat, that was one of the most beautiful and thoughtful threads I've ever read here...

I am honoured to be in your company

Thank you

• snowbird
    snowbird

Right on, sister girl. What a beautiful tribute. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. These especially apply to me:

1. I faced the fact that I had been deceived and had in turn deceived others

2. I regret the pain, heartache, and loneliness I inflicted on my oldest daughter

3. I'm determined to return to college and finish my degree in history

4. I have searched out those I could find and apologized for my error

Just this morning one of my nieces called me long-distance to confirm my address so her daughter could send me an invitation to her daughter's wedding. A few years ago they wouldn't have bothered because they knew what my reaction would have been. When I got off the phone, I gave heartfelt thanks to our Heavenly Father for His love and compassion.

Thank you again for such a moving tribute to us once-lost souls.

Snowbird

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Thank you Jgnat, that was a wonderful post. You have a great day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit