Do you know how strong you all are?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

thanks jgnat

• jimbo
    jimbo

Thank you jgnat!!!

That is the nicest post that I have read in a real long time. Your words are very up-lifting. A post like yours is the reason that I read here nearly every day.

You are a very special person, to be so caring.

Thanks again!!!

jimbo

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks so much.

Yesterday I posted some artwork and after I did it, I thought that is weird....then I thought how much I respect posters opinions and ideas here. I have opened up in a way I have always needed, as the people here are compassionate and encouraging. When I think of sharing, I think of doing it here first. It is slowly changing, but this is where I feel safe.

Since making new friends/acquantences I feel lightyears away, maybe futuristic in my thoughts and feelings. I am attracted to strong people. A man that broke his neck diving, and is in a wheelchair. Once was very active and now confined. He had to go through a process similar to many of us to go on. He has kept on going overcoming his obstacles. I have a deep respect for him.

I get sad sometimes that we(people from the board) can't do things together, go out to dinner, movies, socializing in person. That we lived close to each other.

But I have all of you hear at my fingertips, 24/7 and it is such a blessing. This board strengthens all that come here.

purps

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Great topic and really nice of you to say so. Life has continually been improving for me, less and less do i look back. I wish everyone the best, its a hard struggle, but we've certainly had some inner strength to come so far.

CS 101

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a very nice post.

i dont feel very strong right now..but i sure dont feel WRONG. maybe strength will come after i heal some.

• zagor
    zagor

Thank you jgnat :)) so true, I had an argument with my sister a couple of months ago. She quoted me from the bible that place where Jesus said that it takes forceful or strong people who are the ones who will enter the kingdom of god. Words just spontaneously came to me and I added "....and even stronger to leave it all behind" which is exactly what you just said :)

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Thanks for the post jgnat,

I'm also glad to be in your company and everyone her on JWD!

nj

• Deleted
    Deleted

Jgnat, that was awfully well-put, thank you. I shall keep that as a reminder when things aren't looking as bright. To some extent I feel like I got a new lease on life when I left and that everyday was great because I wasn't in their culture anymore, somewhat like escaping death. That stopped me from thinking how many years I had wasted by looking at how many more years I have left now I am out. Glen

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

It's nice to be reminded of the right perspective, jgnat. Though I have yet to personally experience (4), (5) and (6), I trust that time will come.

INQ

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

What a sweet tribute to all of the ones who have made the choice to do the right thing and leave the Witnesses.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit