Depressed witness going door to door

by I quit! 52 Replies latest jw friends

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Welcome Chad! Glad you joined!

I started going from door to door when I was 10 also. But at the time, I thought it was fun and got a lot of attention. They love to use happy kids in the congregation as an example . By the time I turned 18, I'd really started hating it, but had to force myself.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I hated going door to door, it was a humiliating waste of my time, I think it's emotional abuse.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Hi Chad and welcome. You will find true comfort and information here, unlike anything the WT puts out. Don't believe everything you read here. We have some JW spies so you might want to hide your identity or not tell more than is necessary. Some of the JW's are obvious because you can see right through their arguments. But some are more clever. Some of them finished high school and while they are working at McD's, they try to dream up ways to get new people to confide in them, sometimes by using email on the side. Most people here are decent, kind, and have done their research. There are TONS of pages and links here. I have found this site to be one of the most useful on the Internet. Randy used to work at Bethel and he runs Freeminds now. He's a very good man.

The best way to learn this site is just to keep clicking and visiting all the links. When I taught computer networking, that's what I told my students to do. You can learn tons of stuff just doing that. I hope you find answers and comfort that will help you here. My best to you.

• flipper
    flipper

I quit- Very good subject! I remember 4 years ago when my 18 year old son came to me and said his mom, my ex wife was kicking him out of the house because he didn't want to go to meetings or out in service anymore, and he had a non witness girlfriend. He came to me in tears, and I told him" Son, I don't care what you believe, I love you, Your my son, you're always welcome to live with me". We should allow our children to make their own decisions on their lives, not forcing them to do or believe something because somebody says it's the alleged "truth". They have to find out it's not, let them do it!! Props to other parents who believe also in questioning things and letting your intelligent young ones do the same. Never been into mind control, it's devastating to youth's and adults. Peace out ,Mr. Flipper

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hi Mr. Flipper! I know some witnesses who have kicked their kids out of their house as soon as they turned 18 too for the same reasons. I don't understand how a parent(s) could do that and I always vowed that I never would. But now it doesn't matter because I'm out and my kids never got baptized and don't attend anymore either.

Welcome Chad!

• minimus
    minimus

Sadly, there's a lot of people who are depressed JWs----never mind that they have to go H2H. Being a Witness sux big time!

• flipper
    flipper

Flowerpetal Chad- Yes so true isn't it? I often wonder what some young ones do who when turning 18, and being given the ultimatem on staying in the witnesses or get kicked out of their home, if they have no support system to catch them, where do they turn, where do they go? Sobering thought for all! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• I quit!
    I quit!

When I posted this I was commenting on what I've observed while out driving. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are a lot of people here who can personally relate to what this poor kid was going through.

Welcome Chad. I guess by what you and 38 years said 10 is about the age they start forcing you to knock on doors if you aren't already doing it willingly.

I like mcsemike's point about Jesus being about 30 when he made a commitment to his religion but I guess from the WT standpoint they needs these kids to push their magazines on the public.

Thanx for all your replies. Sorry so many of you had to go through that.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Chad and Sweetface!!!!!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hi Mcsemike: Preach it brother, preach it!

Welcome Chad--may you find the information you need to help you out of the WT on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit