Depressed witness going door to door

by I quit! 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    No-one can force you. The sooner you say "no more" the better. It's hard to tell your family that you're not going to do it anymore, but they'll get over it. Your greatest friend is the word "NO". It's as easy as that. They can't drag you out.

I hope your not talking about a kid or a teen because yes they can "drag you out" I know, wen I said no I always got the" this is my house my rules if your not happy get out" So I did and my dad call the cops on me then he called the elders. My wife wen she was 16 she was kicked out of her house for not "obeying" her step father.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I just wanted to thank everyone who liked my comments or emailed me. As you all know, when you lose your family due to shunning, you lose much of your life. Most of my friends and relatives were on my wife's side, as was the mechanic for my expensive car. Now I'm on my own and have to make friends again, which I like to hope I do easily. But you also have to learn to date again, and after 30 years and almost 60 years old, it's a whole new game. Maybe someday the WT will be sued for emotional abuse and lose and then when they pay every victim five million dollars, they will stop acting like other churches that they attack.

Again, welcome to the new people. You can learn a lot here. There are very sensitive and caring people on Freeminds.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I do remember when I was a kid that terrible feeling going from door to door. I'm sure from my experience and others that they are no longer Watchtowers Witness, share the same feeling. Field service it was one of the most terrible experience for a child raised in that cult.

I do recall when we used to preach about that famous generation that will not die and the end will come...there was so much fear in the Watchtowers world, that the only reason we would go and preach it was the fear of being destroyed in Armageddon.

It is a terrible thing to grow in a cult like this one. Now I'm trying to help my 2 small kids age 2 and 5, that God loves everyone, and He is not a killer. I know it is a big fight that I have, because my ex-wife she is a fanatic Watchtower Witness, but I will not allow her to poisson those innocent souls with the poisson that I have grown...

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

You can sell more watchtowers if you have a sweet little child along who is well behaved.

Grandparents just love cute kids and supposedly happy families.

I remember several magazine routes where it was sell the mags talk about religon for 30 seconds,

then talk about the kids and family for 15 min.

They are just lonely older people, to their credit they never joined the JW's.

• Chad M
    Chad M

Thanks to each of you for the welcomes. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site and, so far, it often seems counter-intuitive. I guess by what you and 38 years said 10 is about the age they start forcing you to knock on doors if you aren't already doing it willingly. I don't think that's the case. In my case, it just happens that I was 10 when my mom became a JW. Yeah, so there I was on Saturday mornings wearing a tie and carrying a bookbag while others kids were out playing. It wasn't long before my most dreaded fear was realized: I knocked on a door that was answered by a kid I knew from school. Then I became a laughing stock. My mom told me that people laughed at Noah when he was building the ark, but he had the last laugh. So that was my consolation, to tell myself that I'd be laughing at those rotten kids when they were destroyed at Armageddon. (This was back in the days when we were taught that Armageddon could come at any time, but definitely no later than 1975.) Let's face it, going door-to-door has almost nothing to do with preaching the gospel. It's a very ineffective way of spreading the message. If the WTS really wanted to spread the message to as many people as possible, they would be using mass media. They're smart enough to know how that works. If you analyze the requirement of going to D2D, or standing on the street displaying the magazines, you will probably come to the same conclusion that I came to: The primary purpose of this activity is to reinforce the JW mindset. The strongest component of the JW regimen is mind control, and it requires constant reinforcement. You have to go to all those meetings and you have to go out in service, and you have to do it every week. If you stop, you will begin to "fall away." Isn't that strange?

• Chad M
    Chad M

I intended my last post to be formatted differently, so that the quote from another post would stand out as distinct from my words. It didn't work.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To moomanchu: Yes, they love those cute little kids, especially the little girls in their "sunday best". The real shame is that the father who is teaching his little girl how to place a magazine might be molesting her later that night. They all look so cute on the porch, but at home, it often changes.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Good point, I Quit!, it is a form of abuse. We used to say that our son was allergic to the kingdom hall, he always developed a headache and sinus problems before each and every meeting. I am happy to say that is all behind him as he graduated from Oregon State Univ in June - way better than pioneering or going to bethel. Glen

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the Board, Chad M!!!!

Open Mind

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Did it from infancy 1957 until 1992 all of it for NOTHING cost me $$$ and ruined my normal childhood everything in my family centered around door to door field service by dad had 40 studies that got baptized our family came second after field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit