Depressed witness going door to door

by I quit! 52 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

Your post, so descriptive, brought up the horrible memories of feeling trapped and helpless in that awful organization.

You are right. It is emotional abuse.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Is JW door to door fieldwork biblical?

Not on your life!

10:06

Is JW Door to Door Practice Biblical?

• Ding
    Ding

Back in the days when JWs still came to my door, I always felt badly that I could never connect with them as people.

They weren't Charlie and Suzie.

They were "Jehovah's Witnesses."

They were magazine and book sellers doing a job -- an unpaid job, but a job nonetheless.

I often wondered what would happen if I said, "Hey, you seem like fun people. Do you like to bowl? Maybe we could all go bowling sometime."

I regret that I never tried it.

Anything to reach the real human beings without their book bags.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Ding,

Sad that JWs don't have much time to bowl between meetings...much less hang around with either worldlings or Babylon the Great promoters.

Sad too that they make such activity a requirement for Christian baptism.

Vander

• Ding
    Ding

Vander,

The WTS does everything it can to make sure JWs DON'T connect with non-JWs and thereby realize there are lots of good people out there who get along fine without the FDS micromanaging their lives.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was always so relieved when we had done some token amout of service and could stop pretending and go get donuts.

• divadiow
    divadiow

never got to lay in :( ever.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

this reminds me of bringing my stepsons out in service.neither one of them ever embraced the religion,what a waste of quality time.

• Ding
    Ding

One of the saddest things I saw was a little boy (about 5) all dressed up in a business suit carrying a book bag.

I thought, "What chance does this kid have to live a normal life? None."

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Back in the days when JWs still came to my door, I always felt badly that I could never connect with them as people.
    They weren't Charlie and Suzie.
    They were "Jehovah's Witnesses."

Ding........were you not ever a JW? If so, what brings you here?

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit