Outa here

by snarf 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Hey Snarf!

On a recent thread I told you that "I got yer back" because you were about to get some flak and I wanted you to know that you had my support (you were spot on in your post on that thread, btw).

Don't go away! Us unpopular people have to stick together. I never know what reaction I'm gonna get when I post. I wish I could be more straightforward on threads, but I have found that I get a beat-down when I do. Same as you. Some around here can beat the crap outta other people (whether they deserve it or not) and never get called on it. Heck I'm even afraid to start a thread anymore.

Oh well. I still stick around for some reason. Kinda like watching a car wreck. You don't wanna look but you can't help yourself.

Please don't leave though.

LDB

• LiveLife
    LiveLife

Popularity plays for power had a small part to play in why I stopped posting a while back, too. Some posters made a friend of mine quit the forum altogether, but he was brand new to it all and to leftover JW judgmentalism and egocentrism. When he told me about what happened I thought it was funny and typical of some of my own experiences here.

I don't understand why a place that is supposed to be welcoming would ever foster such callous reactions, but I have decided JWD isn't the real source of the callous reactions. I think some posters take out pent up crap on whoever happens to be handy.

Sorry you have gone through it, but it is a downside to the Internet. It is a public forum. Just like people in traffic can be complete asses, people online can be complete asses.

I hope you will look past it all and keep posting. Most of all ... LIVE LIFE!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Dont go Snarf, everyones oppinions and comments are appreciated by most of us.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hey Snarf,

Out of the thousands who post here you're always going get the odd plank - OR is it that you're thin skinned?

I don't know who's contacted you to make you feel so down but I always remember what my mum used to say: "While they're having a go at me they're leaving some other poor soul alone!"

Wise words.

Stick around. You've more support than you could possibly imagine!

Ian

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi snarf

I think Dansk makes a good point

"While they're having a go at me they're leaving some other poor soul alone!"

Wise word

Also the good thing about posting here is that we are mostly anonymous and threads go by so quickly - let the bad feelings go too as quickly.

Hope you stay

quietlyleaving - not of the popular crowd

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Snarf, a few wise words that a co-worker shared with me:

"DON'T LET THE BASTIDS GETCHA' DOWN!"

(EVAH!)

I appreciate your presence here. Please stay?

~Sue

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

((((snarf))))

I never saw anything that made you a running joke,
    though I know things can feel that way at times.
    Sometimes people make lighthearted comments in an attempt to diffuse situations, but it escalates things if sent or received the wrong way, which can be sooo easy to do with people we don't really know, when limited to typed words and unseeing or hearing of intonation and body language.

Stay or leave, as you feel you can handle it.
    This place can be a bit of a fast-moving two-way street.
    I'm sorry if you're feeling "run over",
    especially if it had anything to do with me.
    Was it something I said that got you down?
    If so, I hope you'll forgive me,
    I sometimes get lax with the kid gloves.

Far as I'm concerned, your opinions,
    comments and points of view,
    are welcome anytime,
    right alongside everyone else's,
    kitten. ;)

S.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

snarf, i can honestly say i know wht your going through. i've been censored, and had some run ins on pm. i was also going to leave, but, i decided to not let the actions of a few discourage me from "associating" with people i like. thanks by the way to the people that helped me realise this, you know who you are. i hope you reconsider bro. we are all imperfect humans and need each others support. i have just chosen to ignore the few that press their opinions on others. good luck in whatever you do.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

snarf, i was just informed that your female, sorry. i didn't know...........I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Snarf!

Don't go!

You know, bullies, trolls, brittle little people, they come and go.

But you are part of what makes JWD as a whole endure!

Solid posters willing to put it out there and take a risk saying what you really think.

I'm sorry you have felt put upon, who did it? Big Bro will KICK THEIR ASS! (verbally)

If you go, the trolls will have won and we ALL will have lost.

So, here's hoping!

Roller (of the 'troll slaying' sheep class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit