Outa here

by snarf 48 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Even dish it back a little as circumstances require.

Yep.Sue( betterdaze) has kicked my ass more than once. LOL!

• snarf
    snarf

tHANKS MEGADUDE FOR THE VIDEO...GOOD STUFF!!!

One thing I have noticed, the ones that were attacking me have also attacked quite a few other people, so maybe they are just in a neverending state of negativity.

Thanks alot guys, you have really cheered me up.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Thanks alot guys, you have really cheered me up.

Good, now what is your opinion on........................................just kidding.

Warlock

• uninformed
    uninformed

snarf,

I am glad you decided to stay.

This is a huge board and if you said "Jehovah is God" there are people here that would call you out on it. I do believe that when we come here we do tend to be egocentric, that is, we think our views should be acknowledged and responded to in a respectful way.

However, that is not the way it is. I rarely even get an acknowledgement for my posts, and if I did, they would probably say how shallow and stupid it is. And, if you compare the 'weightiness' of my posts to Blondie's, Leolaia's, or Mary or Gary Busselman or soooooo many others, my posts are shallow and stupid. But, so what, I got to say it and someone somewhere may be helped.

Within the family here there are dozens of posters that form smaller families, and they have gotten to know and like each other, and they comment on each others comments. They have 'earned' a spot at the table by carving out for themselves a peer group within a group. I think that is cool. Sometimes I get a kick out of reading their posts to each other and find them quite creative.

So, stick around. You couldn't possibly be more ignored than me. But, I haven't spent the time and effort that so many have done here to become persons of note. There as some REAL scholars here, and I just like to be here to read what they write.

After 5 or 10 thousand posts, your name will be in the highlights. I am looking forward to that for you. I am an old man and it works good for me to sit on the sidelines, though I have met some awsome people here and talked to them personally.

Take a chill pill.

Your friend,

Brant

• anewme
    anewme

Dear Snarf, please dont leave! We need everyone with a heart here!!!! I have not gotten to know you yet.
    Please give JWD another chance!

I will never win a popularity contest on here, but I stay because I benefit so much.

There are people on here who know EXACTLY WHAT YOU HAVE GONE THROUGH AND FEEL YOUR PAIN EXACTLY.

Try to find that out there in the big wide world----NOPE!

Well if you do decide to break from the forum for a while, I will say to you what one good soul said to me when I did the same thing about a year ago "Please feel free to come back and post whenever you feel like it!"

Anewme

• anewme
    anewme

Oh! I see you have decided to stay and make a go of it! Yay!!!!

Thats the spirit!

You will see what everyone said is true that people who harrass you harrass everyone else too.

Boy, there was a guy about a month ago that really creeped me out. He kept following all my posts and making sarcastic comments and addressing me by name! How discouraging! I felt it was totally inappropriate. So I contacted a forum assistant and it seems the problem was taken care of and the harrassment ceased.

How glad I am that he stopped for I really like coming here and sharing my feelings. I never was able to in the cult nor in my cult family.

Good for you Snarf!

Anewme

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Snarf..You got knocked down in our playground..You picked yourself up and dusted yourself off..Good for you!..After a few times,it won`t matter anymore...OUTLAW

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I was thinking about you all day snarf. Yeah...sometimes it's rough. I mean sometimes I have to put up with Warlocks Bat crap. Welcome back!!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It's a big forum. At first I felt rejected, that my posts were ignored and nobody liked me. Then I saw how silly that was! There are a lot of people posting here and I just weigh in with my opinion whenever I want to now. Sometimes it pisses people off (someone called me "hostile" recently and actually I'm a really cheerful sort.) Lots of times there's no response, but that doesn't mean no one read the post. I've been misunderstood some times. I like the give and take, and mostly it is good-humored.

Your experience was different - you felt sabotaged - but I hope you stay online and give as good as you get.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

id still love to have a cuppa coffee w/just about anyone on this board..im always amazed at what an incredibly kind,aware,caring group this is on the whole...its so nice not to have 'flamers'..that is such a bore after a while,as are trolls..you guys all rock!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit