Outa here

by snarf 48 Replies latest jw friends

• eclipse
    eclipse

I hope snarf comes back to read these great posts!

snarf, come back

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

roller dave, "big bro" is sometimes the problem on here. that's all i will say, they may be watching. gulp.

• snarf
    snarf

Everyone of you are right on with what you have said. I have been pondering this all day. And the bottom line is...If I leave, they win.

I will stick around for a while, prolly won't post on deep topics for a while, or on a topic where an opinion is needed and definately won't start a topic.

Maybe I do have thin skin...not sure.

• flipper
    flipper

Snarf- Mr. Flipper here. I ran a thread a week ago that got locked down by a forum assistant, and although I disagreed with the action, I wasn't intentionally trying to be insensitive on issues this person thought I was. But I thought about it and it was just one person's opinion and I have lots of other subjects which I know can be helpful to others on this site. I'm sure you do too. All of us are valuable with the exchange of thoughts that go on here. Please stay, you are wanted. Thanks, Peace to you, Mr. Flipper P.S. Don't let negative people decide who you are and what you'll be.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yaaaaaaaaahhhhhh snarf, i'm so glad.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Snarf,

I left JW so I could have my own mind and express my views. I underdstand that when you put your mind out there, you are gonna get backlash, I am a big gal can take care of myself.

Having you own mind and expressing your own views, can be a two sided coin, when we consider others are doing the same thing here. To exist in such an environment, development of a thick skin is necasarry.

A person will make friends in this type of freeer evironment depending on the personality, and his viewpoints. Those with similar views, and likable personalities will draw those with like views or who like your views. Some will get friends by playing the sympathy card, others because of thier knowledge of different subjects, etc...

Maybe I do have thin skin...not sure.

If you stick around, I'm sure your skin will thicken, because people will be people, and perfection of human qualities is just an imaginary pipedream anyway, where no one can say what this type of perfection is like exactly, a very illusive quality for sure, so we all have our prickles,and spines and that is life.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Snarfy,

I have been attacked here for some of my opinions. A few of those who have done so, I just consider as the "superfine apostates" of the apostate congregation. All they have done is moved from the congregations of the WTS into the congregations on the internet. As they were, there, they continue here. They are right, right, right. You are wrong, wrong, wrong.

The majority of those who hold the opposing opinion, however, just hold the opposing opinion, and that's all.

Warlock

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

snarf,im glad to hear that you are staying...thanks!!!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***Maybe I do have thin skin...not sure.***

Snarf, I am *SO* thin-skinned that I am practically translucent!

Yet pushing 40, I've learned to roll with the punches while enjoying the ride.

Even dish it back a little as circumstances require.

You can too. :–)

~Sue

• MegaDude

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit