Outa here

by snarf 48 Replies latest jw friends

• snarf
    snarf

It seems you have to be of the "popular crowd" on this forum to express feelings and views. As I am not of this crowd, I have recently recieved alot of not so friendly comments and p.m.s from people who seem to think they need to put me in my place. It is funny how some people can express their views and opinions and everyone still loves them. I left JW so I could have my own mind and express my views. I underdstand that when you put your mind out there, you are gonna get backlash, I am a big gal can take care of myself. However, I seem to be a running joke now over a post I made. If I wanted this treatment I would go to a biker bar on a moped. I have noticed that some people get "kitten" treatment while others get "red headed stepchild" treatment. Anyway, I am sure my words here will be dissected, like they have been recently.

To all those that showed me kindness and concern...THANK YOU !!!

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sorry snarf. I'm not familiar with your posts and don't know why someone feels it necessary to "correct" you on your opinions as long as you stay within the board guidelines.

We are not a monolithic group. I have received some pms or comments that indicate I am one step from being the "whore of Babylon."

If the suggestions are constructive, consider them. If they are personal attacks, report them to the moderators.

Blondie was ignored for some time on JWD. Better to looked over than over looked?

Blondie

• Cellist
    Cellist

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, snarf. I haven't had much time lately and haven't kept up on all the threads, so I've missed your comment and any mentions to it.

(((hugs)))

Cellist

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

snarf- I hope you reconsider. I'm assuming this is about the thread about being lied to. I don't think there's anything wrong with calling someone on it when they lie to you- I've done the same and I would do it again.
    The only thing I would say is I don't see why you would want to remain friendly with someone that lied to you and depending on what they lied about I'd have a hard time trusting somone like that.

As far as being PM'd by people judging you, I never did understand why people will bully someone especially in private. If they have something to say they should have just posted it publicly. That's just wrong, but I don't think you did anything wrong in posting that thread, you didn't "out anyone" or do anything against posting guidlines. Don't let anyone bully you away.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I too am sorry for you going.

I don't remember reading anything of that nature.

I've always felt that this place has a "more the merrier" attitude, sure some people pounce on the person rather than the comment but a good night's sleep seems to help get over that.

Tommorow is another day.

AO

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

My WORD!!!

Have you seen the SIZE of the membership here???

I wouldn't doubt that you (or ANYONE) can please everyone and agree on tastes, view OR opinions! I am sorry that you are leaving, but nowhere in LIFE can you find a group that all really think, feel or act exactly the same as the next guy.

I wish you well.

hugs,

Annie

• juni
    juni

I'm sorry Snarf to see you leave. I don't believe I read the thread about liars if that is what caused the nasty PMs.

One thing to consider is that when we can't talk in person to each other our words may be taken the wrong way because there is no "voice inflection" behind the written words.

As Blondie related and Annie also, I'm sure a lot of us have received nasty PMs. You were called a whore Blondie???? Must've been something you said in your WT review....LOL

Anyway, I'm sorry this happened to you; know that you're not the only one.

Juni

Whew!!! I wanted to get back here before I couldn't Edit any longer.

Okay. Here you had said hon...

I feel the same, don't take things tooo seriously here. It still sucks though when you take time out to chat with someone and find out they are a big fat liar.

I nabbed this from the "liars" thread. Want to know something? I was caught in the "web" of an idiot that everyone here is familiar with. He is what is called a "Troll". One who causes trouble and whatever. Anyway, I greeted him. Kind to him. He PMed me and we chatted back and forth for awhile. I then invited him to a different forum. This went good for a while and then he started nailing me but good. Then he started making evil PMs here at this forum to me. I finally reported him to the mods and he was "found" out and deleted. He's been wafting through here like a smelly fart from time to time using different aliases. I know his style now and report him.

So don't feel alone that you are being singled out. I remember now talking w/you on Gabbly right? And I just went back in your picture posts of last year about the birth of your baby. You are a sweet lady; I hope you don't choose to leave snarf!! Have a fun weekend w/your family!

Hugs, Juni

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Snarf,

I remember reading one post of yours that was a bit non-sympathetic....however, you were, probaboly, correct. I am not too intuitive....

I would hope you would reconsider and stay. A spiceless meal is pretty bland. And, I did not read the "lie" thread.

In any event, either way, best wishes,

Take care,

V

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Snarf,

I am sorry you are feeling this way. I hope you reconsider and stick around!! We ppreciate everyones imput!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• brinjen
    brinjen

Snarf,

I'm really sorry you feel this way. Regardless of what anyone has said to you privately, I for one value your input.

Like Blondie said, consider what is constructive, report what isn't to the moderators.

If you feel its best to leave, I can't stop you. I would like you to reconsider though.

Wishing you the best

Sharon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit