Jehovah's Witnesses turned Christian....Post Here

by R.F. 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Left the dubbies about 10 years ago. Had served as commuter bethelite, elder etc etc

Became christian soon after, followed by Mrs Ozzie.

We have fellowshipped with several churches, Anglican and Baptist, but we are now serving Christ building up His Church in.....well, those who know us, know where!...and we are both licensed lay ministers. Mrs Ozzie disciples young women who are newly converted; we both have founded a community fellowship (open to all the community) for those 50-ish, 60-ish,70-ish who are often forgotten in our society. We have seen our church grow in numbers and maturity and our congregations have doubled in the past two years. I serve in leading services and preaching, conducting a bible study group and.....well, heaps!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think a distinction needs to be drawn between a Christian (the individual, who may or may not attend some form of religious service) and a denomination (one particular orgnisation or branch of Christianity).

I openly acknowledge my belief that there are individual Christians in the midst of the JWs, having been one myself for over six months. I just reject the WTS's claim to being a Christian organisation. On that score lets just reverse the tables a minute. Do they see themselves as part of Christendom, or a distinct religion (rather than denomination)?

Ergo they separate themselves, aside from any thoughts that the mainstream denominations might offer...

Dozy:I've attended services with many denominations and would have no compuncture about attending other places of worship besides. While I might have a church of choice that I have tended to make my "home" that doesn't limit me from wider fellowship, nor does it limit others that go to the same church.

LT wrote: Do the priests actively disuade them from praying to Christ?

Further, did Christ actively disuade his disciples from praying to him?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A question for the apologists:

Does God judge individuals or organisations?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Do they see themselves as part of Christendom, or a distinct religion ( rather than denomination )?

Yep, it's kinda amusing to hear people ask, What religion are you? and expect an answer in the form of a denomination.

I recall being told one time,
    "Look, I'm a Christian, and I choose presently to worship in a (denomination inserted) church."

I concur with that completely. There can be no doubt that the denominations have at times gotten in the way with the christian faith.

• seek2find
    seek2find

I consider myself a non-denominational Christian, though I still attend the KH mainly for the sake of family. I'm kinda open minded about the beleifs of others as long as they center on Christ. And do not encourage anyone to follow their group or leader, and they aren't judgemental of other Christians. I want to follow Christ alone as leader. If a person or group can assist me in doing so, that's great. Being a Christian is about being in a relationship not a religion. seek2find

• Honesty
    Honesty

Researched the Watchtower Society after discovering a dirty $ deal between them and the local BOE just to build up my faith in the organization.

3 weeks after beginning the research I DA'd before a JC could be formed to investigate me for APOSTASY - the most dreaded buzzword in the limited JW dictionary.

A month later after receiving a thorough witnesses about Jesus and the real Good News from a Christian familiar with WTBTS doctrines I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.

I am currently a lay minister and a member of a local church where I assist in leading people of all ages to Jesus Christ. Also partner with several other churches in missions and evangelistic rallies and a whole lot more than I ever did as a member of the JW's but I don't know how many hours I put in every month because it doesn't matter.

BTW, the Watchtower Society is definitely not Christian.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

Was raised a JW since I was five years old. I pioneered for a few years and then went to Bethel.

My wife and I left the JWs in 1996 and started attending a Lutheran Church. We eventually became Lutheran and I taught at a Lutheran College in Nebraska.

I started reading the Early Church Fathers and books on how we got the Bible. This lead me to investigate Eastern Orthodoxy and the Catholic Church. In 2003, my wife and I entered the Catholic Church. I had to get a new job so now we live in Wisconsin and I teach at a liberal arts college here. My wife and I run a website that assists people who are interested in learning more about the teachings of the Catholic Church. We also teach classes on the faith at our Church as well.

Here is our website: www.catholicxjw.com

Jeff S.

• zack
    zack

I haven't joined ny "other " church and probably won't. My wife asked me why I said the WTS teachings weren't Christian. The answer was pretty simple.

The WTS teaches JW's not to be with Christ and not to WANT to be with Christ. How can anyone be a CHRISTIAN (a follower--- which would be a following wherever he may go)

and yet not want to BE with Christ? It seems that this desire is what makes a deep faith possible which in turn moves person to works of faith and goodness and love.

It's what makes a person do something because they WANT to and not because they HAVE to.

• kid-A
    kid-A

What about 7th Day Adventists? Are they christians? What about Mormons? Reformed Lutherans? Lithuanian Orthodox? Jews for Jesus?

Sorry folks, but like it or not, the JWs are just another sect within Christendom. They may have a bizarre spin on it, but they are a brand of christianity nonetheless. All ex-JWs have done when joining another christian denomination is switch to a different "style" of christianity.

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

I am a "born again" Christian. Christ is my savior and I follow him to the glory of the Father. I attend an Interdenominational Church but I also enjoy the worship services of a local Full Gospel Baptist Church. I have also worshiped with Pentacostles. As long as it's covered by the Blood. I ain't here to judge you...tha't not my job...being on the "God Sqaud". It's not about the building you visit every Sunday, it's more about your daily walk with Christ...realationship vs. religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit