I am Christian. Corey

• nemises
    nemises

Hello!

Left borg on Aug 28, 1991.

Born again on Dec. 14, 1992! 2:14am!

• swirlgirl
    swirlgirl

I went back to my "spiritual heritage" that my ancestors were, back to at least 5 generations.....The Presbyterian church....I am a Christian...as the Presbyterian denomination is my choice for simply that it is my religious tradition on my father's side of my family tree....if he would have been Methodist...etc. etc. I most likely would be that denomination. I agree as many that have posted here that the denomination is only of an importance of secondary nature....the first nature, is that Jesus is my personal Savior and all that goes with that.

I enjoy reading all your threads to this post, it is easy to take it all too personally.....I see this simple question has brought up quite a debate. That is only MY opinion. You know opinions are like "bottoms" we all have one!

• Hondo
    Hondo

free2bme

What does it take to be a real Christian then. Do you need to conquer nations in the name of Christ, do you need to ignore the violence of the Nazi party, do you need to kill in the name of Christ? Apparently that is okay, as with Catholics, but get a bunch of former Witnesses together and you can not swallow calling the Witnesses Christians, when they are?

In this modern day and age of those determined to conquer/control, apparently it is ok for the JW's to murder/kill tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of people (a good majority of these being children), because of their rediculous past policies regarding organ transplants and immunizations, and present policy restricting blood transfusions; all in the name of who...Christ?? The WT organization? What is the difference between what the Christian Conquerors did in the past, and what the JW's are doing contemporarily. Same result...people die because of stupid direction/rediculous policies/hap-hazzard bible interpretations.

• Gusdaberean1
    Gusdaberean1

I am currently studying to be a Lutheran Pastor, Missouri Synod. I was born again June 1997 and my story is on my church website which is www.lcoos.org under the title "From kingdom hall to kingdom call." I am an odd Lutheran in that I am a bit Calvinistic or Anglican. But I am more ecumenical these days as a 10 year old Christian. I am 35 years old.

JW's are not Christian for several reasons other than theological reasons. They carry the social and psychological characterisitcs of a psuedo-Christian cult.True strains of Chridtianity carry the same line of thinking or teaching that is consistent with an age old traceable heritage and cults carry none of these.

Denominations are exactly that denominations of the same strain of Christianity which involves theological principles that are shared foundationally.Catholics and the Orthodox church share enough of these theological principles to not be considered cultic. Though many protestant believe Catholicism is a false religious system it is not considered cultic but rather abberrant.

Many ex-JW's do not know the difference or criterion for what is cultic and what is abberrant. Abberant sects share some common basis. For example sunni muslims view shiite muslims as abberrant but the nation of islam at cultic islam. Understanding the criterion for cultic from abberrant religion is foundational in these regards.

JW's and other cults are so different thay are cultic theologically and as mentioned for other reasons that define cults.

Sola Deo Gloria,

Gus Astacio

• Gusdaberean1
    Gusdaberean1

I am currently studying to be a Lutheran Pastor, Missouri Synod. I was born again June 1997 and my story is on my church website which is www.lcoos.org under the title "From kingdom hall to kingdom call." I am an odd Lutheran in that I am a bit Calvinistic or Anglican. But I am more ecumenical these days as a 10 year old Christian. I am 35 years old.

JW's are not Christian for several reasons other than theological reasons. They carry the social and psychological characterisitcs of a psuedo-Christian cult.True strains of Chridtianity carry the same line of thinking or teaching that is consistent with an age old traceable heritage and cults carry none of these.

Denominations are exactly that denominations of the same strain of Christianity which involves theological principles that are shared foundationally.Catholics and the Orthodox church share enough of these theological principles to not be considered cultic. Though many protestant believe Catholicism is a false religious system it is not considered cultic but rather abberrant.

Many ex-JW's do not know the difference or criterion for what is cultic and what is abberrant. Abberant sects share some common basis. For example sunni muslims view shiite muslims as abberrant but the nation of islam at cultic islam. Understanding the criterion for cultic from abberrant religion is foundational in these regards.

JW's and other cults are so different thay are cultic theologically and as mentioned for other reasons that define cults.

Sola Deo Gloria,

Gus Astacio

• Gusdaberean1
    Gusdaberean1

Sorry for the repeat post. Im new to posting here but am an age old lurker.

Gus

• TheListener
    TheListener

I hate these kind of threads. That's why I'll post on this one.

It's been said by earlier posters and probably said better than I'll restate it, but:

BELIEVING YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN IS NOT THE SAME AS ACTUALLY BEING ONE.

FOLLOWING SOME OF JESUS WORDS AND COUNSEL YET REJECTING HIM AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOR AND MEDIATOR DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN.

CLAIMING JESUS IS YOUR LEADER YET NOT BEING ALLOWED TO TALK WITH HIM DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN.

ok now I can't turn this blasted bolding off.

I always believed I was a true christian. Now I am searching for Christ - and I don't mean the GB or 144,000!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

TheL,

I always believed I was a true christian. Now I am searching for Christ - and I don't mean the GB or 144,000

So have you found him?

BELIEVING YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN IS NOT THE SAME AS ACTUALLY BEING ONE.

So if you're still searching, how can you say this with certainty?

FOLLOWING SOME OF JESUS WORDS AND COUNSEL YET REJECTING HIM AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOR AND MEDIATOR DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN.

If you are still searching how do you know?

CLAIMING JESUS IS YOUR LEADER YET NOT BEING ALLOWED TO TALK WITH HIM DOES NOT MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN.

Do you talk with him and if so how can you be sure he's listening?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Gus for sharing that. That is a catchy slogan "from kingdom hall to kingdom call"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit