Jehovah's Witnesses turned Christian....Post Here

by R.F. 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Welcome jsssvd8, I hope to see more of your posts. Many of us on this forum have family that are still JW and it's not easy to see how brainwashed they are. Sometimes I want to take my mom and shake her brain cells around a bit!!

In my community last Sunday we had a interdominational service. There were about 6 churches represented there and it was awesome. The local pastors, ministers etc get together once a month and discuss community needs, they all get on really well and do not fight about who is right and who is wrong they all serve Christ and that's what counts.

Maybe South Africa is unique in this???? I also attened a ladies Christian retreat annualy and there are ussaly about 10 different churches represented but we worship one Lord. Who comes from which church makes no difference at all. We are Christians choosing to worship in different churches, the message is the same. The only difference is how the service is conducted. So if you like happy clappy dancing in the ailse go for it and if you like a quieter service go find one. As long as the church you are attending is teaching from the bible and not some man made doctrine how you CHOOSE to worship or where makes no difference.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

i was born and raised a JW, but never baptized. I now attend a FreeWill Baptist Church in Kentucky, whenever I have the chance.

I dont think you have to be a part of any specific denomination to be a christian, I believe there are Christians in all denominations. The really sad part about the JW religion, is that it distances its own people from Jesus, and places the organization in front of the JW's trying to block access to Jesus. This is why I dont believe that the JW organization is Christian---That and a million other reasons especially the blood issue and the cruel way that child molestation victims are treated.

Didnt Jesus say "my sheep will hear my voice"? Well the WT Society has done everything they can to block out that voice.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Kid-A:

All ex-JWs have done when joining another christian denomination is switch to a different "style" of christianity.

I find this comment highly offensive and ignorant for the following reason: Many of us have done much more than merely leave one organisation and join another. Your comments show a rank disregard for what people are actually saying about the subject on this thread, many of whom have never actually joined a church group. Have you just skim read the thread and thrown in a good dollop of your own prejudices?

The WTS has consistently tried to distance itself from everything that approximates Christendom and all that "Christians" hold dear. It has an extremely judgemental and exclusionist philosophy that puts it into the category of "fundamentalist" alongside a few other religions.

Christian? Not in my opinion --- Jehovist? Probably.

• Mary
    Mary

I've attended the Baptist church and the Reformed Presbyterian church since leaving the WT......I also enjoy listening to Charles Stanley on the radio on my way into work in the morning. Haven't made any 'official' switch. The church would probably burst into flames if I ever got re-baptized.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Sorry folks, but like it or not, the JWs are just another sect within Christendom. They may have a bizarre spin on it, but they are a brand of christianity nonetheless. All ex-JWs have done when joining another christian denomination is switch to a different "style" of christianity.

Naturally I can't know what leads to this conclusion, but I know enough of what i've experienced to say that there's much, much more to it than that!

Let me make it clear: I had an experience of Christ that followed a period of questioning WT teaching on the nature of Christ. Following this presence of Christ I was/became a christian. Yes, I'd always considered myself one, but now I knew that I truly could be in communion with him. What to do now? was the decisionn I was faced with. After decades of teaching that the churches were full of greedy hypocrites I was very hesitant of wanting to be there but I felt a need to fellowship with other christians. Where were they? if not at the KH? So Mrs Ozzie and I travelled around and selected a historic church. It's a long story but suffice to say we started attending and it wasn't for 9 months later did we make known our background. Since then we have freely attended many churches, some I've spoken in, of both Anglican and Baptist. As has been already commented, the 'brand' isn't the the important thing, it's the personal faith in the risen Lord Jesus.

As LT has plainly stated, persons like 'us' have done so with much effort and sacrifice; even though it may not be understood, it does no good to trivialise it.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Am I to assume that all posters on this thread are Christians? The heading does say "Jehovah's Witnesses turned Christian....Post Here".

Kid-A, I didn't know!!! When did you become a Christian?

• nowisee
    nowisee

in beliefs and in identity i am a Christian.

in conduct and thought, i often am lacking. but i have come a long way and try to conform more and more each day to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

no denomination.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Deliberately Not partaking in the Lord's Supper - Anti-Christ

Turning your back on Christ during Christmas (even thought they don't think they are, my opinion) - Anti-Christ

How can you be Christian with this?

• gljh
    gljh

I still believe in God.Thanks to links provided ,ive been able to look at things from the other side of the coin,not just the programmed witness way.Wont be joining a church anytime soon,i think trying to be a good person is enough for now.

• needproof
    needproof

Well said GLJH, very well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit