Jehovah's Witnesses turned Christian....Post Here

by R.F. 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• justhuman
    justhuman

frankiespeakin regarding your question:

In the Christian Orthodox Church we don't condemn other dominations. Indeed there are some Protestand Groups that they are very heritical(like JW's, and Mormons)

The basic it is to accept Jesus as your saviour, and Jesus as God. The Trinity it is the most basic believe for the Christian faith, and this it was set by the early Church Fathers in the 3rd century, when the Trinity dogma was under question by the Bishop Arios. That is why we called those who don't accept the deity of Jesus and Trinity Arians.

By no means we as Orthodox Church we condemn to everlasting destruction those who are not Orthodox or they will end up in hell. In Church hell is considered a spirutual situation, and does not mean that God will burn someone in the flames of Hell. Hell it is to be away from God and this a atornement, like the rich guy and Lazarus in Jesus parable . God will judge each of us PERSONAL according to our actions. Since he is a loving God he examines our heart,and knows our true motives. And either you are Christian, or a muslim, or Hindu or anything, God examines our heart. If someone is a Christian does not save him/her automatically. Maybe a non Christian could have a better judgement from a Christian due to the fact that it was a person of good acts of faith.

That is why we strongly believe that God is a loving God and at the end with His Grace all will be saved.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hmmm....

answer 1- Well, honestly, I think I know where he is but I haven’t felt any type of calling or anointing. Which, by the way, may mean I’m not truly a Christian yet. Perhaps I’ll never be.

answer 2- I figured it was sort of a logical conclusion. Before typing that statement I thought about someone who is crazy and thinks they’re the historical figure of Napoleon or Benjamin Franklin – they’re not that person but they think they are. In my mind that is like the Witnesses who say they’re Christians yet, in my opinion, they’re not. IMHO they don’t follow Christ but men. My definition may be too narrow but there it is. It probably includes a lot of other faiths that put the word of human(s) above Gods’ word.

answer 3-Using the guidelines included in the scriptures. I could go through a whole litany of scriptures but I’m sure you are already familiar with them – some of them are even posted earlier in this thread.
    Plus, I don’t feel that I have to be a Christian to recognize what makes one. Just because I don’t fit the Bible’s definition doesn’t mean I can’t see those that do.

answer 4-Those are fair questions. No, I don’ t talk with Jesus. I would like to but my conditioning as a dub has made me afraid. There is a thread about this somewhere on the board. Unfortunately I am not alone in this. I think it is correct to pray to Jesus and talk with him but I have this deep rooted fear that if I do so and I’m wrong – uh-oh. One day I will break through this and freely talk with Jesus.
    As far as whether or not he will listen. I can’t answer that question. I have faith that when I talk with him he will listen. Do I have tangible evidence that everything I ask will be answered, negatively or positively, no. I just have faith that he will listen.

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

Southern Baptist. Baptized 2005 after being baptized as a JW in 1975.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Kid-A:
    In your ardour to attack you demonstrate the reading comprehension of a newt

I drew a clear distinction between the WTS as an entity with policies and its own peculiar theology and; individual JWs. I made it plain that I believe that it is entirely possible, if not probable, that individual JWs could be Christians. The theology of the organisation that they claim membership of is IMHO not Christian, however.

You can't simply make labels mean what you want them to mean, otherwise you might as well throw out every dictionary in the land and make it all up as you go along. I'm sure you'll agree that we are fully aware that the WTS as an organisation just loves to twist the meaning of things to their own ends, including the appropriation of labels that suit their purposes.

Didier:

Your unusual aggressivity tells me that the case you are trying to make is a bit too narrow for your own kind self.

Nawww, I think its just raw text getting in the way of good communication again. I do notice that in my haste to reply I neglected to add any emoticons, though. That probably hasn't helped

1. You arbitrary choose to read "worshipof Christ" into the definition of "Christianity".

2. You could just as well read another criterium, like discipleship -- "following Christ's teaching".

My counter-examples were deliberately picked from perspective # 2; which, I believe, is at least as firmly grounded in the NT as # 1 (understatement).

Denying the "Christian" label in principle to people who try to follow Jesus' teaching as they understand it (and I don't mean JWs particularly) because they don't "worship Christ" (and, afaik, Jesus is never depicted as asking for being worshipped) seems rather dogmatic for an "unorthodox Christian," don't you think?

I think a distinction needs to be drawn between a theology that simply argues minutea of definitions of words and phrases and meets a series of suppositions and; the example that the original disciples are recorded as displaying. Please allow me to over-simplify for a moment by simply asking: are the diciples recorded as "worshipping" Christ? If so (and I obviously believe they are) then is this recorded as an example for us? I might further add the contrast between Jesus discouraging worship of anything other than God, while accepting worship to himself. Does the WTS claim to be following a first century model of CHristianity? THen why does it neglect some pretty obvious practices by the early disciples?

In contrast, no mainstream Christian denomination neglects this, even when they practices this in widely differing ways.

James:
    Missed ya buddy. Hope you're well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit