ALERT: All Child Abuse Lawsuits have been settled. Millions cashed out???

by What-A-Coincidence 229 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

When I hear of cases when people settle out of court my initial reaction is 'Why?'

Surely you would think that someone just one would say

'I don't care about the money I just want to hear this in an open court and have the publicity and justice'.

But, I'm not sitting in their shoes and I'm not privy to all the circumstances and therefore I have to concede that the advice given is in the best interests of the abused.

As an outsider I would have loved this to go to court with all the damning publicity it would entail. But that's just it, I'm an outsider, it's not my life that's been abused.

Thomas Covenant

• wednesday
    wednesday

Well, even with a gag order, a person can still tell their psychiatrist, therapist, and attorney. They can gag you, but a person can still write about it if very careful. I found this out from the therapy abuse URL. Those who had gag orders still found ways to write about it just carefully.

so, once a few get past the initial settlement, they may find a way to tell us more. It can be done, just carefully.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Like WAC, I also heard that there was a gag order and the settlement was huge. I guess the tight gag order is why more information is not forthcoming.

The money was probably a drop in the bucket compared to what the WTS has at its disposal.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    In addition, the plaintiffs proved that the elders were the Society's agents who represented them so they bore responsibility for what their agents did.

Was the information able to create a legal precedent that the elders are agents of the WTS or was it lost due to the settlement?

That was the #1 thing I was hoping would come from these cases as it would open the door to thousands more money draining court cases that could potentially bankrupt the WTS.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

So how come the Catholic Church has been dragged over the coals in the media numerous times over this issue but the Watchtower Society gets off scott-free? Surely the Vatican has been prepared to settle just like the WTS has?

I'm amazed that none of the claimants declined to settle so they could see the Watchtower Soc hauled through the courts and suffer public humiliation. Obviously they had a very good claim for the Society to offer to settle. Why has it just boiled down to money for these claimants? Why weren't they anxious to see the Watchtower Society brought to their knees on this so they are forced to change their policy? Don't they care about all the other victims out there, past, present, and future?

Something smells fishy about this whole thing.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    So how come the Catholic Church has been dragged over the coals in the media numerous times over this issue but the Watchtower Society gets off scott-free?

Because the Catholic Church is huge and everyone knows what it is. The WTS is an odd-ball cult that barely registered on the public radar.

One thing I take comfort in is the fact that the WTS's "public education work" has been a miserable failure. The JWs are constantly going door-to-door, passing out literature, holding conventions and private "bible studies".... yet I defy anyone to find any random person on the street who has the first clue about what the JWs believe.

• Mary
    Mary
    Barbara said: When Joe and I heard about the settlement of these seven cases and the other ones across the country, we were extremely disappointed because we were looking forward to the trials, the first one being set for April 3rd In Napa County. However, now the more we think about it, when the news of the settlement begins to move through the congregations, the Witnesses will conclude what is very obvious, WT could not have possibly allowed any of these lawsuits to go to trial because it would have been devastating to their reputation. If they were innocent, they would have welcomed their day in court to prove their policies were not responsible for the cover-up of pedophiles in the congregations.

Perhaps we should be emailing Dateline and 20/20 urging them to do a follow-up on the molestation cases that they did a few years ago. That would shock the holy hell out of alot of Witnesses. Like Barbara said above: if they were innocent, they would have welcomed their day in court. What a bunch of cowardly bastards.

the plaintiffs proved that the elders were the Society's agents who represented them so they bore responsibility for what their agents did.

This is a definite bonus because as we all know, the Legal Dept. has been trying for years to separate themselves from the individual congregations to avoid lawsuits. This proves that they are in fact, responsible for the decisions that the elders made in these cases. As far as I'm concerned, the Governing Body members should all be charged with supressing evidence and failure to report a crime. Rotten sleazoid pimps. And they think they're going to make it to heaven?

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i really thought KIM NORRIS was going to take it all the way. i guess everyone has a price. let's say the wts settled for $100 million divide that by 14 and take out 33% for lawyers. each victim gets 4.7 million. but i 'll guess they settled for much less.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    let's say the wts settled for $100 million divide that by 14 and take out 33% for lawyers. each victim gets 4.7 million.

Make that $2.3 million after Uncle Sam gets his cut.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My question is---Seriously have all of the lawsuits been settled, or just some of them?

Also there may be many people yet to come forward, so there will always be lawsuits in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit