ALERT: All Child Abuse Lawsuits have been settled. Millions cashed out???

by What-A-Coincidence 229 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::I am hoping that the WT will get so paranoid that they compel elders to report abuse aggressively.:::

YES!, and in addition to that, inform parents of at-risk children if there is a molestor in their midst, so they can protect the kids.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

WT settling out of court could open themselves up to more litigation which will cost them more money. More victims may now come forward and attorneys who may not have looked twice at these cases may choose to jump on the bandwagon hoping their cases will also be settled. If the WT isn't going to put up a fight with the 14 victims, who is to say they will put up a fight with others?

This is what the Catholic Church has been doing and some of their archdiocese's are filing for bankruptcy due to it.

And for those who think the WT settlement was for a few million, think again. The Catholic Church's settlements were in the double digit millions.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Oh, and even if someone did win in court, you know how much publicity it would get?

NOT MUCH.

You know why?

BECAUSE NO ONE CARES THE HELL ABOUT JWS OTHER THAN JWS AND EX-JWS.

I am hearing an echo!!!!!! We've been saying this for the past few days, at our house. Good one, Simon. Thanks for saying it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That echo's heard downunder too!

The WTS are 'legends in their own minds' but the world at large knows very little of them - and that's despite more than a century of what Joe Ratherflawed invoked as "Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!"

P.S. we have found this has also effected efforts to get the TV networks more interested - their response is that the airtime would be disproprtionate to the public's interest.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    now that the lawyers know the WT Society will settle out of court on these pedophile cases the lawyers will begin mining the US for more pedophile cases .

This is one of the great benefits of capitalism. The profit motive sees to justice being done better than any other method devised, hence the great leap in human rights over the last century.

Whether there was settlement or not makes little difference to the publicity this will receive. Either way there is plenty for the media to run with if they are interested.

Whether there was settlement or not makes little difference to the way JWs will view it. Most will dismiss either result as 'persecution' and 'apostate lies', but a few will be woken to the reality of the WTS. I remember being at a bookstudy immediately following the program on child abuse in Australia. The Book Study conductor dismissed it as all being lies and everyone nooded their heads in agreement with him. Except me who wanted to scream at what ignorant drones they all were. That was one of the last bookstudies I went to.

• bebu
    bebu

Oh, and even if someone did win in court, you know how much publicity it would get?

NOT MUCH.

You know why?

BECAUSE NO ONE CARES THE HELL ABOUT JWS OTHER THAN JWS AND EX-JWS.

I don't completely agree. The WTS is very visible in Brooklyn and a black eye over child sexual abuse might be of great interest in NYC. It would interest ME if I were a resident there, anyway!!

bebu

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I don't completely agree. The WTS is very visible in Brooklyn and a black eye over child sexual abuse might be of great interest in NYC. It would interest ME if I were a resident there, anyway!!

bebu

Which 'worldly' sector hates the JW's? Their neighbors (of in which some may be gov. officials). Wouldn't they like to see an ORG that protects pedophiles out of their city? The WT is a danger to the communities!!! Time to demonize the WT.

This information has to disseminated to BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, the town of WALKILL and the city of PATTERSON. But I am sure the BROOKLYN EAGLE is more than eager to share this information. It's all about timing and informing the right people.

This beast is holding 6 million members captive ... which are not contributing nothing back to society ... think of the youth who are raised in this mind control group that will be affected for the rest of their lives ... this beotch must be taken out of commision! - rant over

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The Watchtower's exposure on this issue hasn't begun yet! Wait.jpg WAIT

• Jringe01
    Jringe01
    The Watchtower's exposure on this issue hasn't begun yet! Wait.jpg WAIT

Well that's all the WTS ever tells us is "wait, wait, wait" and nothing ever happens. What are we waiting for???? Come on Danny, give us something to munch on.

• bernadette
    bernadette

There is a lot that we collectively and individually can/need to do to get the news through to JW's especially to elders - make them think twice about their own position which is more vulnerable now cause they'll be able to see that the legal department isn't as invincible as it seems.

And we can continue to threaten to sue for such barbaric practices as disfellowshipping, shunning, mistreating children to keep them quiet at meetings. We have more leverage now for our ongoing revolution. thanks to the bravery of the victims

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit