ALERT: All Child Abuse Lawsuits have been settled. Millions cashed out???

by What-A-Coincidence 229 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Well, even with a gag order, a person can still tell their psychiatrist, therapist, and attorney. They can gag you, but a person can still write about it if very careful. I found this out from the therapy abuse URL. Those who had gag orders still found ways to write about it just carefully.

so, once a few get past the initial settlement, they may find a way to tell us more. It can be done, just carefully.

Very nice, Wednesday!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    i guess everyone has a price.

I very much agree, provided this is not meant as an excuse to look down upon anyone. Everyone has => we have too, what we may lack is the opportunity to know what our "price" is. If that shows something it's the limit of "pure morality" as far as real people are concerned. The very principle of financial compensation for a moral offence, whether obtained in court or by "amicable settlement," is quite ironical in itself, but without such (less-than-purely-moral) arrangements no society (and I don't mean the WT) could subsist imo.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm on vacation right now, mouthy, attending an important wedding or I would. But there are plenty of computer savvy people on JWD that know how easy it is to find kimberlee's website and email. With my arthritis, using my laptop is hard.

• mouthy
    mouthy

With my arthritis, using my laptop is hard.
    Sorry Blondie ! I should KNow that. O.K. enjoy the wedding I am waiting to read all about it. Looking forward to June's visit ((((HUG))) take care darling

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sorry, blondie, I'm not as 'on the ball' as you. Here's a link with an e-mail address.

http://www.lovenorrisattorneys.com/kim_profile.html

I hope you are having a wonderful time at the wedding. Warm thoughts are buzzing your way from me right now.

Edited to add: Just in case anyone was doubting, Kimberlee has done very good by her clients. If it's true that she represented fourteen cases out of thousands, don't worry. The thousands with a less airtight case now have cause to go to the society for a settlement, or speak up as they please. Besides, she's hurt the society where it really ouches.

• Quandry
    Quandry

i really thought KIM NORRIS was going to take it all the way. i guess everyone has a price.

Yes, it looks like that on the surface, but we must remember that we are talking about real people here. Real people who were children at the time. Those of us who have children know that money isn't an issue; rather it is the well-being of our child. We do not know all of the details of the court case, nor what dragging it out further could have done to some of these children who were abused.

We do know that the WTS lawyers would most certainly have asked the most private, humiliating questions to the victims, trying to paint them as the ones who may have contributed to, if not caused the abuse.

I for one am glad to know that my hard earned money that I could not afford to give to the WTS was given, for once, to people who really needed it, perhaps for years of intense therapy to enable them to live with not only the molestation, but the subsequent villification and rejection by an organization they thought would move to protect and care for them.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I forgot to add a thank you, Barbara, for letting us know of the outcome of this case.

• blondie
  • willyloman
    willyloman
    Now we know the real reason they are selling 6 Brooklyn properties.

That was my immediate thought as well.

As for the news, this is good! The story(ies) will come out in time. Meanwhile the WTS has had to pay through the nose and this is an admission of guilt, no matter what they say. Money is how we keep score in this world.

Those who are critical of the settlement should realize how emotionally draining it is to fight a court case for months, even years, with absolutely no idea how it will turn out in the end. Nut-job judges, dysfunctional juries, and a convoluted justice system are all ingredients in any such case, which means the plaintiff is just rolling the dice. A settlement is a "win" by any standard.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Those who are critical of the settlement should realize how emotionally draining it is to fight a court case for months, even years, with absolutely no idea how it will turn out in the end. Nut-job judges, dysfunctional juries, and a convoluted justice system are all ingredients in any such case, which means the plaintiff is just rolling the dice. A settlement is a "win" by any standard.

Excellent point willyloman! We shouldn't criticize the victims or the dedicated attorneys that worked on this. Not even for a second.

The evil here has only one face, and that is the face of an arrogant and deceitful organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit