Are JW's generally better than average people?

by JH 299 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat
    That being the case, you know that all df'd and da'd ones are being welcomed back. Recent articles point to this as I'm sure you are aware.

That begs the question: Are they still being shunned if they reject the teachings of the watchtower?

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

TopHat: No, the expelled ones are welcome to return. They also know they must adhere to teachings of the Bible.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    all df'd and da'd ones are being welcomed back

Yes, I am aware of this. New recruitment in established countries is down, down, down.
    They want the numbers to go up. So they try to focus on those that used to be obedient.

If you are willing to give up whatever you got DA'ed or DF'ed for (even disagreement with
    a former or current doctrine) and you are willing to sit at the Hall silently and be shunned for
    several months or more, and you are willing to say that 3 elders were right about you (in the
    case of DF) and that you are so sorry for disagreement with their prying into your teenage
    heavy petting, or whatever, then you can request that you be accepted back into the fold.

If you refused to let your daughter die without a blood transfusion, but now realize that you
    miss your elderly parents, then swallow your pride and do as they say. After all, you can
    help make the number of regular publishers grow again.

If you were molested by your JW father, and he's an elder, put your differences with the
    organization's policy aside. Trust that they changed policy if it happens to anyone else.
    Come on back. Maybe it'll just take 2 months to get reinstated, instead of a year.

My biography (profile) says why I am OnTheWayOut. I have committed no sins and I am
    not DF'ed, but I recognize the problems with the organization. I have not walked away because
    I don't want my mother to shun me for the rest of my life because the organization made false
    prophecies, and I pointed them out. I don't go to the Hall, but I just stopped about a month ago.

• restrangled
    restrangled

From your name I surmise you are still attending? That being the case, you know that all df'd and da'd ones are being welcomed back. Recent articles point to this as I'm sure you are aware.

On the advice of the PO, my wife was shunned by my JW MIL after being da'd for nearly 30 years. Of course since my MIL now needs my wifes help, she isn't shunning my wife on the days that she needs her.

You and the WTS are full of sh**.

You and the WTS lie through your teeth......and blame the people that followed the WTS's totally unscriptural advice.

You don't offer love....you offer eternal condemnation in the name of God....

Blasphemy and Bull**** rolled into one package.

r's hubby

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Rosalee, do you realize that telling the elders that you post on this site, and then
    telling 3 of them that there is nothing wrong with posting here- this will get you
    disfellowshipped? But you will be welcomed back if you admit your mistake.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Roselee, that is not the question I ask you....I ask: Are they still shunned if they reject the teaches of the watchtower? That is the question the Elders always want to know when they ask a fellow JW who questions the teaching of the watchtower. If the answer is NO...then they are disfellowshipped. The question is never: "Do you reject the teachings of Jesus Christ"

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

TopHat:

I know that wasn't your question.

It was my answer though.

• restrangled
    restrangled
    The people I am talking about who have no interest in any religion are neighbors and co workers. Mainly, everyone just wants to get along and not be bothered by anything that is in any way controversial.

If today a group called the New and Improved Super Duper Jehovah's Witnesses took to the airwaves in all parts of the world and proclaimed themselves to be God's sole channel....and that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914, waited around for 93 years and selected them....then hounded you with their important message....

You would join all of your neighbors and co workers in rolling your eyes, putting on the obligitory smile and politely excusing yourself as you turn and run as fast as you can back into the real world.

You belong to a startup religion deeply rooted in the Millerites whose main message is the world is going to be destroyed.

I don't mean this in a bad way...but your message sucks....the reason that you don't attract people is not because the people are flawed, but because your religion is deeply flawed....

Not a little flawed....deeply, deeply flawed.

r's hubby

• Rosalee
    Rosalee

When I say neighbors and coworkers, I don't mean that I talk to them about religion. It's just in general conversation that people say they have no desire and no need for religion. Life is good. Don't rock the boat!

No eye rolling or quietly slipping away :)

• TopHat
    TopHat

Roselee, I left the Watchtower teaching all together once I learnt about the Malawi/Mexico hypocrisy. That was so very very discusting and unloving of the WTS toward the Malawi brothers and sisters. You can find that story on this web site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit