What's your favorite breakfast dish?

by Frannie Banannie 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    My favorite is a Mexican breakfast: Eggs over medium with picante sauce....sliced potatoes fried slowly till done in just a touch of salsa....bacon or ham (I don't like sausage)....quacamole and refried beans with grated cheddar on top...flour tortillas....and a Tecate beer with lime. It really gets the day started. Gotta have my coffee, too. Yummy!

VERY hearty breakfast, JO! Oh, yeah....coffee is standard for me. GOTTA have it...heheh

I will have to try grits one of these days....I have no idea what they're like, but they seem mouthwatering watching My Cousin Vinny . :) Sadly, I must miss breakfast today as I'm getting my blood drawn at the doctor.... *growling*

Sorry you're NPO this morning, Leolaia. Some people try grits the first time with sugar and milk and it's kind of like malt-o-meal, but the absolutely BEST way to eat grits is with butter, some over easy eggs stirred in and salt 'n pepper. Wonderful!! I guess they're kinda like tofu, in that they'll adapt to just about any thing with which they're prepared or eaten. Do you need a Southern care package, cher?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Toad in the hole.....but not to often as it will give you a heart attack what with the cisco and banger grease.

TopHat, I was raised on the Italian version of that. Egg fried on French bread! Hotdamn, it's good!

My favorite breakfast dish is, stuffed french toast with strawberries from IHOP. I you are a sugar addict you will love it.

What do they stuff that French toast with, Philip? I haven't had that one yet. I always go for their blintzes.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My favorite breakfast is 2 eggs over easy with hashbrown potatoes rye toast and bacon. I like the bacon loose not fried out and crisp.

I try to limit eating my favorite breakfast to once a month. Since I have turned 50 my cholesterol ratings have been high and I have started taking medication. (Vytorin) But even with the medication that is not a healthy breakfast for someone with high cholesterol. It doesnt appear bad so much because of the cholesterol in the eggs but because of the fat the eggs and potatoes are fried in and the fat from the bacon.

Plus its a high calorie meal and part of cholesterol management is to keep your weight proportinate to your height. I am 5'10. I should weigh about 157lb thats 1600 calories a day. My favorite breakfast is probably 1000 calories of saturated fat.

My favorite healthy breakfast is 3 spoon fulls of low-fat vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1 bannana.

Thats what I eat at home everyday. The high fat one I buy in a restaurant.

I never had to worry about what I ate till I hit 50. I guess sooner or latter we have to deal with some health issues. I've found many of those that can eat all the fatty high cholesterol foods they want with out making cholesterol in their bodies end up burning their gall bladder out or developing sugar diabetess. Sooner or latter the body begins to rebel. And demand our attention.

• done4good
    done4good

Corned Beef hash and eggs over easy- favorite.

When I'm in the typical "Jersey" breakfast mood, some good Taylor ham and eggs always works.

Learned also to enjoy country fried steak and eggs during my midwest stint.

j

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Western omelette- plenty of american or muenster cheese, onions, some peppers, ham cubes, bacon bits.

Home fries (fried potatoes and onions) on the side.

Heaven!

BA

• Crafty Lady
    Crafty Lady

Just came back from dinner (burger at a diner with my sister), but this thread is making my mouth water. I love Eggs Benedict too but I have to have the whites cooked thoroughly. Last time I ordered it, we specifically asked for them that way, but they were barely cooked. We should have returned it but they were very busy so we tried eating the rest of it. The waitress noticed and only charged us for one.

Also love corned beef hash with a fried egg or two on top and a little ketchup. I don't even like ketchup, but I like it with hash and eggs. Strange.

Crafty

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I love to cook, and breakfast is my favorite meal to cook. I wish I could have you all over for breakfast. I could manage everything you all like--especially if I really master the poached egg thing. I know how, but lose a lot of eggs in the process;)

We are having a family reunion soon-probably over 50 people and I will be in heaven with baking biscuits, bread and muffins, egg casseroles, quiches, pancakes, potatoes. . .I bought a HUGE frypan the other day at (where else!) Costco (truly costco sized:)) just in anticipation of huge amounts of scrambled eggs, potatoes, etc. Will also be bringing bread pans, grills, electric frypan and big crockpot. . .it's going to be SO fun.

If anyone has some wonderful recipes for a big crowd email me at [email protected]

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Yup! On a croissant! (re: Eggs Benedict)

Nvrgnbk, that croissant gets kinda wimped out under the sauce, dudnit?

Lightly grilling the halved croissant solves that problem. I think I know what I'm having for breakfast Sunday morning.

Nvr

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

My favorite breakfast: eggs scrambled with cream cheese, sliced tomatoes, bacon, very dark sourdough toast with iced tea. I make squishy sandwiches out of it all (except the tea, of course) - delicious! What I actually eat every day: the 69-cent breakfast burrito at Del Taco. It is 280 calories and lasts me 4 hours - I've been dieting since August.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Just came back from dinner (burger at a diner with my sister), but this thread is making my mouth water. I love Eggs Benedict too but I have to have the whites cooked thoroughly. Last time I ordered it, we specifically asked for them that way, but they were barely cooked. We should have returned it but they were very busy so we tried eating the rest of it. The waitress noticed and only charged us for one.

Also love corned beef hash with a fried egg or two on top and a little ketchup. I don't even like ketchup, but I like it with hash and eggs. Strange.

I totally agree with those cooked egg whites, Crafty Lady. Your corned beef hash description reminds me of the corned beef hash my Mom used to make when we were growing up. When the potatoes, onions, peppers and corned beef were done, she'd turn the heat off under the skillet, drizzle ketchup all over the top and slap a lid on it. In a little while, she served it up. The ketchup had "melted" into the mixture. Scrumptious!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit