What's your favorite breakfast dish?

by Frannie Banannie 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

For company, I'll fix a tender, flaky crust and bake a creamy, cheesy quiche with either, bacon, canadian bacon or ham and top it with diced tomatoes w/green chilies and sour cream.

But just by myself, I LURV to fix hot buttered toast, topped with egg over easy and tomatoes w/green chilies...YUMMY!

How about you? What's your fav?

Frannie

• bebu
    bebu

"pain perdue"! --Otherwise known as stuffed French toast.

Muffins, especially blueberry. But they must be made from scratch, and not cake-y.

Crullers. Yogurt with whipped cream.

And there is a wonderful sausage/egg/cheese breakfast casserole...

bebu

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

What is that "pain perdue" stuffed with, Bebu? I love crullers, too, and that sausage/egg/cheese casserole seems a lot like the quiche, with the exception of the pie crust. :)

Frannie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

This morning I fixed for hubby and myself an eggo-bagel. I love these when I'm in a hurry and hubby will always eat his breakfast even if it's on his drive to work when I take the time to fix him one. Today's was on an everything bagel with ham, egg and Swiss cheese I buttered the toasted bagel, microwaved the egg in a cereal bowl makes perfect round egg topped it with ham and cheese and a nice spread of sweet mustard, yum!

My all time favorite breakfast which I occasionally will fix on the weekends is pancakes with syrup, hash brown potatoes and Jimmy Dean's maple sausage links and scrambled eggs.

I love to fix breakfast for dinner too, one of my favorites dinners!

Oh I have a great recipe for breakfast pizza, it's quick and easy makes a good dinner too.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I love biscuits and gravy!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

This morning I fixed for hubby and myself an eggo-bagel. I love these when I'm in a hurry and hubby will always eat his breakfast even if it's on his drive to work when I take the time to fix him one. Today's was on an everything bagel with ham, egg and Swiss cheese I buttered the toasted bagel, microwaved the egg in a cereal bowl makes perfect round egg topped it with ham and cheese and a nice spread of sweet mustard, yum!

My all time favorite breakfast which I occasionally will fix on the weekends is pancakes with syrup, hash brown potatoes and Jimmy Dean's maple sausage links and scrambled eggs.

I love to fix breakfast for dinner too, one of my favorites dinners!

Oh I have a great recipe for breakfast pizza, it's quick and easy makes a good dinner too.

That eggo-bagel sounds terrific, Kate! I've cooked eggs in the microwave before, but have to keep stopping the nuking to stir them a coupla times during the process. I forgot all about that...hmmm (makes note to self to quit using skillet for scrambled egg)

I like to fix breakfast for dinner, too! LOL! And just get that recipe out for breakfast pizza and post it here, please!

I love biscuits and gravy!

OH, yeahhhh, MsMcDucket!!! I love 'em, too! I used to make biscuits from scratch, but discovered that Pioneer makes terrific biscuit mix that's just as light and fluffy as my Mom's were, so I use it now. And lots of peppery white gravy! Unless I'm making red-eye gravy. :)

Frannie

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I've cooked eggs in the microwave before, but have to keep stopping the nuking to stir them a coupla times during the process.

The way I do it Frannie is really easy and only takes 45 seconds in the micro. I use a Corel™ cereal bowl and scramble the egg in it then put it in the microwave oven for 45 seconds and it's done! Very easy and done perfectly every time.

The breakfast pizza is easy too. You use hash brown potatoes for the crust and fry them up both sides but when you turn them the first time you top them with four scrambled eggs then shreaded cheese of your choice and any kind of meat you like. I usually use cut up Jimmy Dean™ sausage links. Put a lid on the pan turn down the heat to medium and in about 6 minutes you have a done meal. I serve it with toast and jelly and maybe some orange juice. Yum!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Eggs Benedict, all the way!

• bebu
    bebu

I had pain perdue at Mimi's Cafe once, with lightly sweetened cream cheese and orange marmalade inside.

I love good breakfast recipes.

bebu

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

The way I do it Frannie is really easy and only takes 45 seconds in the micro. I use a Corel™ cereal bowl and scramble the egg in it then put it in the microwave oven for 45 seconds and it's done! Very easy and done perfectly every time.

The breakfast pizza is easy too. You use hash brown potatoes for the crust and fry them up both sides but when you turn them the first time you top them with four scrambled eggs then shreaded cheese of your choice and any kind of meat you like. I usually use cut up Jimmy Dean™ sausage links. Put a lid on the pan turn down the heat to medium and in about 6 minutes you have a done meal. I serve it with toast and jelly and maybe some orange juice. Yum!

Thanks a lot, Kate! That sounds really easy and very good!

Eggs Benedict, all the way!

Oh, Leolaia! I love those, too, and they're also a favorite to fix for company!

I had pain perdue at Mimi's Cafe once, with lightly cream cheese and orange marmalade inside.

I love good breakfast recipes.

Me, too, Bebu! That pain perdue you had reminds me of cheese blintzes which I LOVE!!!!

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit