What's your favorite breakfast dish?

by Frannie Banannie 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

ackee is a vegetable that looks like scrambled egg and calloloo is similar to spinach

(hot pepper sauce over everything of course)

Ahhhh. Bernadette, I've eaten spinach with scrambled egg before. My Mom used that trick to teach us to eat spinach and I used the same method with my children. Funny thing is that it's so GOOOOOD!!

• minimus
    minimus

I like traditional breakfasts. Crisp bacon, eggs over easy, home fries and either wheat toast or english muffins. Large glass of skim cold milk. A real treat is homemade hash.

• Nowman
    Nowman

On average, I 'll have some kind of fruit with a granola bar or yogort. But, my favorite breakfast when we go out to breakfast is a Denver Omlette, hash browns, buttered wheat toast. Its critical when I eat it that for each omlette bite, I get a scoop of hash browns with it, kind of like a skillet, but I do the mixing.

Nikki

• journey-on
    journey-on

My favorite is a Mexican breakfast: Eggs over medium with picante sauce....sliced potatoes fried slowly till done in just a touch of salsa....bacon or ham (I don't like sausage)....quacamole and refried beans with grated cheddar on top...flour tortillas....and a Tecate beer with lime. It really gets the day started. Gotta have my coffee, too. Yummy!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I will have to try grits one of these days....I have no idea what they're like, but they seem mouthwatering watching My Cousin Vinny. :) Sadly, I must miss breakfast today as I'm getting my blood drawn at the doctor.... *growling*

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Home fried potatoes-garlic, onions,peppers if I have some-cubed baked potatoes, fried. Swiss Cheese Omelet and lots of bacon cooked so crisp it will break if you look at it too hard. And Irish breakfast or Earl Grey tea. I love biscuits too but I wouldn't have room for what is already on my plate above. BTW, I am the only one that can cook breakfast JUST the way I like it. I am trying to train my kids for my old age. . .

LOL, JWdaughter!! I know what ya mean, cher! I like my bacon crisp and I just wish my kids would've learned to fix breakfast the way I like it for my old age. Somehow, teachin' 'em how to do it like me didn't "take."

My family loves it when I make my French Toast Waffles:

Scully, that sounds scrumptious! Reminds me of the waffles I used to order at the Southern House of Pancakes in Dallas. They had crisp bacon cooked inside 'em, tho. And they were served with applesauce. YUM!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I like traditional breakfasts. Crisp bacon, eggs over easy, home fries and either wheat toast or english muffins. Large glass of skim cold milk. A real treat is homemade hash.

Traditional is good, Mini. What's in your homemade hash, cher?

But, my favorite breakfast when we go out to breakfast is a Denver Omlette, hash browns, buttered wheat toast. Its critical when I eat it that for each omlette bite, I get a scoop of hash browns with it, kind of like a skillet, but I do the mixing.

LOL, Nikki! What's in a Denver Omelet, cher? I forgot.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Toad in the hole.....but not to often as it will give you a heart attack what with the cisco and banger grease.

• PEC
    PEC

My favorite breakfast dish is, stuffed french toast with strawberries from IHOP. I you are a sugar addict you will love it.

Philip

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I could eat with Finally-Free, no problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit