What's your favorite breakfast dish?

by Frannie Banannie 54 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

What do they stuff that French toast with, Philip?

Sorry for the late reply, they are filled with crème pâtissière.

Philip

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    stuffed french toast with strawberries from IHOP

For all of you cooks that want to try this stuffed french toast, here's how to do it. (its absolutely wonderful by the way!!)

First off I want to say that if you want fruit involved you have a choice -- leave the fruit out of the center and put it on top, or put it inside. #1 You can cut up strawberries and soak them in sugar while you are cooking. (make sure and do this absolutely first so the sugar has time to dissolve. #2 put strawberry or whatever kind of jam in the center with the filling. (don't mix it -- just put on the opposite side of the bread the filling goes on and then squoosh it together.

(Sorry for the American measurements - its all I know)

6 pieces of bread, 4 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar (or to taste unlil sweet enough when mixed with cream cheese) , one egg, 1 cup of milk, !/2 inch of oil in a skillet, bowl of sugar/cinnamon. (and fruit choices from above)

Melt the cream cheese in the microwave until its all creamy -- add the powdered sugar until its sweet enough. Mix the egg and milk very well. (should be a pale yellow) Heat the skillet with the oil until it fizzes when you put a sprinkle of flower into it. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Get a plate with a paper towel in it ready.

Get one piece of bread -- put 1/6 cream cheese mixture into one half and optional fruit and fold over the bread. Drop it in the egg/milk. Place in the skillet. (repeat until you have 6 made) When they are golden brown, take them out with a spacula and put directly into cinnamon and sugar. Roll around and then put on your plate. ....

Eat while still hot.

• Makena1
    Makena1

It's breakfast time here in Hawaii and you folks are making me hungry! Tasty described dishes indeed. Just one question - do you folks from the UK have some special DNA that makes you immune to problems with cholesterol? LOL. My favorite breakfast includes some kind of lox, eggs and onions all scrambled together (or a veggie omelette), country potatoes, onion bagel and cream cheese - a latte to wash it down. Unfortunately, I only get that breakfast a couple of times a month. Most days its Irish oats with dried blueberrie and cranberries. Good for me, but I miss my eggs! Aloha, Makena.

• PEC
    PEC

Renee,

Thanks, for the stuffed french toast recipe, now I can make it at home.

Philip

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

• Most any kind of sausage except hot links.
    • Buckwheat pancakes.
    • Hashbrowns or tater tots.
    • Savory egg things – lately I've been treating myself to surimi and green onions in scrambled eggs.
    • Greek yogurt with fruit or winter squash.
    • My breakfast bento collection
    gently feral

P.S. Frannie, wikipedia has lots of great entries on foods of all kinds!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit