What's your favorite breakfast dish?

by Frannie Banannie 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Breakfast is my favourite meal, and I'll sometimes have it for lunch or dinner. It's hard to say what my favourite dish is because I love it all. Some of my favourites are:

• Omlette with cheese, ham, onions, and red peppers.
    • Waffle with maple syrup, cinamon and whipped cream - sausages on the side.
    • Venison sausages with hardboiled eggs and horseradish.
    • Stir fry with red peppers, mushrooms, onions, and sliced smoked sausage with scrambled eggs.
    • Apple & cinamon pancakes with maple syrup and sausages.
    • Cheese blintzes with cinamon and maple syrup.

W

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Breakfast for me in the winter is usually a hot cereal - oat bran, oatmeal etc. In my oatmeal I shred an apple and add some cinnamon, and put maple syrup over it.

I like to make my own granola and sprinkle it over yogurt and fruit.

I've been on a smoothie kick lately - fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, a few ice cubes thrown in to make it thick.

On the weekend we usually make a breakfast of bacon, eggs, fresh fruit, or go out.

BB

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

a friend does a tasty ackee, saltfish, callaloo with green banana -delicious.

LOL, Bernadette! I haven't a foggy Southern belle clue as to wth that is, cher! Whut izzit?

I'm with Leo on the Eggs Benedict! But this week, while on vacation in Hawaii (Waikiki,) I'm enjoying the local favorite: Loco Moco. It's an over medium egg over a patty of ground beef over rice with a mushroom gravy. Sounds weird, huh? Well it tastes good.

Confession, don't feel strange about it. I'm sure that many peeps think grits with eggs for breakfast is weird, too, cher!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Yup! On a croissant! (re: Eggs Benedict)

Nvrgnbk, that croissant gets kinda wimped out under the sauce, dudnit?

Kippers. Or kedgeree, but I haven't seen that served anywhere for years.

FE203girl, ya got me there, cher!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I like 2 eggs over easy on top of buttered toast (topped w/ ketchup) and crispy bacon and well done home fries.

Of course this is after a couple of cups of coffee and 2 cigarettes.

BFD, that's almost like those Juevos Tejanos I fix. I just substitute the diced tomatoes w/green chilies for the ketchup. :) Don't remind me 'bout those ciggies, tho. Glad I quit, specially after reading about Hambeak's ordeal.

Steak and eggs over easy

French toast (soaked heavily) and bacon

Crap now I'm hungry!

LOL, Unconfused! Go eat! I really like both of those dishes, too. When I fix French toast, I like to make a lemon sauce, ala Lemon Chicken, and a cinnamon sauce to go over it. They're really, really deelish!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I had some delicious breakfast things when I was in LA - I dont know what you call it but it was like sauted potatoes slices with peppers and onion - delicious.

My fave breakfast here is Marmite on granary toast thick sliced with danish butter and Lady Grey tea - very strong hardly any milk.

Crumpet, I do a version of that potatoes with peppers and onions for breakfast. I add scrambled eggs in with the mix and it's delicious! I don't know what Marmite is, unless it's something like marmalade.

Well they don't make it where I live. Seems to be a southern dish. So everytime I travel south I have to have Country Fried Steak w/gravy and scrambled eggs. It's awesome! Definately my favorite.

ok, who's ready to go out for some breakfast??? I'm buying!!!

ME! ME! (raises hand and jumps up and down)

• bernadette
    bernadette
    LOL, Bernadette! I haven't a foggy Southern belle clue as to wth that is, cher! Whut izzit?

It's good ole Jamaican home cooking - reminds of being on holiday in Jamaicy

ackee is a vegetable that looks like scrambled egg and calloloo is similar to spinach

(hot pepper sauce over everything of course)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Lincolnshire sausages, smoked back bacon, fried eggs, black pudding*, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, fried bread, sauteed potatoes and white crusty bread with butter. or ripe avacado spread on toast with black pepper.

Clam, that sounds like a very sturdy breakfast, cher!

Breakfast is my favourite meal, and I'll sometimes have it for lunch or dinner. It's hard to say what my favourite dish is because I love it all. Some of my favourites are:

• Omlette with cheese, ham, onions, and red peppers.
    • Waffle with maple syrup, cinamon and whipped cream - sausages on the side.
    • Venison sausages with hardboiled eggs and horseradish.
    • Stir fry with red peppers, mushrooms, onions, and sliced smoked sausage with scrambled eggs.
    • Apple & cinamon pancakes with maple syrup and sausages.
    • Cheese blintzes with cinamon and maple syrup.

Mine, too, and me, too, FinallyFree. Those selections ALL sound yummy!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Home fried potatoes-garlic, onions,peppers if I have some-cubed baked potatoes, fried. Swiss Cheese Omelet and lots of bacon cooked so crisp it will break if you look at it too hard. And Irish breakfast or Earl Grey tea. I love biscuits too but I wouldn't have room for what is already on my plate above. BTW, I am the only one that can cook breakfast JUST the way I like it. I am trying to train my kids for my old age. . .

• Scully
    Scully

My family loves it when I make my French Toast Waffles:

I use thick sliced cinnamon raisin bread and coat them with an egg batter (as if to make French Toast), but then I pop them in the waffle iron instead of a skillet - they come out cooked perfectly every time. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar over top, and serve with real maple syrup (just a little) and fresh fruit like strawberries and blueberries and peaches and then topped with a little whipped cream.

My kids request this whenever they have friends sleep over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit