YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I decided to go buy a new toilet seat this morning. The one I had was old and it was due to get changed, so I went and bought a cheap one at Walmart for about 10 dollars. It looked nice and clean, so I was happy, until i sat on it for a while.....

Ouch, I think I have a ring around the butt now. It's NOT comfortable.

I think I'll get a better one....lol

• compound complex
    compound complex

Things are getting tight financially for many. I've had about a half-dozen clients cut back or cancel altogether. It concerns me, of course, but I realize that some of those individuals are probably worse off than I.

How's it for you?

CoCo

• JH
    JH

Ouch, I think I have a ring around the butt now. It's NOT comfortable.

I think I'll get a better one....lol

I just went back to Walmart and spent a few bucks more for another toilet seat, and this one is VERY comfortable !

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, JH, for the update. Sounds like you now have the best seat in the house!

All returns accepted cheerfully and no questions asked ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

I just learned that two young JWs died on our local highway during the snow storm a few days ago.

It's not supposed to happen like this.

I know the family ...............

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi fellow journallers

Had one of those days at work today where you go nowhere fast! I had tons to do but got little done. I think my stock delivery arriving 4 hours later than normal just threw me for the day!

Nothing else to report really, I'm taking a couple of days out of heavy study before I begin my next essay - a 5000 word one, eek! This one is my own choice of topic though so I'll enjoy researching it - Colossians 1:15-20 - a major passage for JWs!! Must see if our own experts on JWD have any threads on it.

Finances are fairly tight for me too CoCo, it's not easy running your own business, I find the urgency to pay other invoices rather than myself great at times. I know the days of struggle will soon be over though :-)

Sad news about the JWs who lost their lives. Human compassion cuts across all the man-made divides which separate people

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, emo, for a lovely post.

You are quite the essayist! I hope you can share the subject matter with us at some time, if only in vague generalities.

That was a beautiful point about human compassion. Despite my feelings toward corporate religion, I am still very much attached to the misguided adherents and feel their pain: they are friends and family.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

We may get some clear weather after nearly a week of non-stop precip. Lots of clean-up to do. Tons of food gone bad. Some were w/o power for a week. And we have the whole winter yet to go ...

CC

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Another busy day today - but at least I got more done! My weekend is Sunday/Monday - 2 days off yayyy!

Next weekend, I'll be starting 2 weeks of 'pantomime mode', I'm operating follow-spotlights again. We have a week of technical and dress rehearsals followed by a week of performances. This year it's Dick Whittington, one which I've never seen before so it'll be fun! The 'downside' is that I have to get my water intake up to 2-3 times more than I'd usually drink. During each 2 1/2 hour performance, I'll drink 3-4 litres of water (7-8 US pints!) because of the heat generated by the spotlight bulbs.

We saw bright sunshine here for the first time in several days. We've had rain and high winds, parts of the south of England got flooded yesterday. Now the biggest danger is that the temperatures are set to drop below freezing tonight which means when people go out tomorrow they won't know whether they're stepping onto a wet path or a sheet of ice. I hate it when it's icy :-(

Off to check what else is happening on JWD now.

Have a good weekend all!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi CoCo.

Happy to hear you are safe, really sad to hear about the two that were killed in the storm. Very sad indeed.

I just came home from a little trip. Visited my good friends Karen and Lenny in Bluemont, VA. They are such a lovely couple! I love them. They kindly opened their home to me. Sweetface came out and spent the night on Friday and on Saturday we went into Washington DC and walked all over the place! Saw Chinatown, the White House etc. Boy were our feet sore! lol

I had a weird experience coming over the border, into the US. It seems whenever I cross over into the US when I'm alone I get the third degree. I pull up to the kiosk and have my window down and my ID ready. The agent asks, as usual - "Where are you going?" and before I even open my mouth, he points at me and says - "And don't lie to me!"

Me: I'm going to Virginia

BA: The purpose of your visit?

Me: I'm visiting friends.

BA: How did you meet these people?

Me: We were members of the same organization. (I'm thinking how to phrase this answer lol)

BA: What kind of and organization?

Me: A religious organization (hoping that this will suffice!)

BA: What religion?

Me: (thinking oh geeze, why all the questions!!) We used to be Jehovah's Witnesses.

BA: Used to be? What are you now?

Me: (thinking this is getting strange!!) Nothing. I don't believe in organized religion.

BA: How do you go from being a Jehovah's Witness to being nothing?

Me: When you find out they lied to you.

BA: And how do you prove they lied to you?

Me: (thinking Geeze! What's with the third degree???) You research what they are teaching, and when you find out it's wrong, and they lied, you leave. During this time he's looking in the windows of the car.

BA: Sooooo, tell me about these Jehovah's witnesses. Are they all evil?

Me: I don't think the average person in the religion is evil, but the men running it definately are.

We talked a bit more about organized religion and then he said "I've found something better." I'm thinking he's going to ask me if I've accepted Jesus as my personal saviour or something like that! lol

Me: Oh really? What's that?

BA: Native Americans. They believe there is spirit in everything. I think that's much better than having one man at the top pulling the puppet strings.

He handed me my ID and said "Have a nice trip".

It was the strangest thing! lol

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit