YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, Mrs. Bee!

Thank you for sharing your "stranger than fiction" border incident. ?Que se pasa? Incredible! That's one story you can tell over and over again and hear repeadedly yet never weary of the sheer surreality of it. Blessed of womankind are you to have been the recipient of that "alien's" interrogation during that split second in infinity.

Thanks, too, for your kind words re: that tragedy.

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all, Happy New Week!!!

Bumble Bee, that interrogation sounds hilarious - oh to have been a fly on the wall! It reminded me again of my trip to Israel 10 years ago. The airport we arrived and departed from actually doubles as a military airbase so the staff and border control were all soldiers.

On the way in I was asked where exactly I was visiting - so i struggled to name all the Hebrew names as best as I could with my broad Yorkshire accent. The guard was real stroppy, not even trying to understand what I was saying so in the end I pulled out my holiday itinerary and gave it her to read! She decided to let me in...

On the way back out, I was asked exactly where I'd been visiting and because there had been such a problem with my accent on the way in, I did my best to speak clear Queen's English. The guard got real stroppy - "Do you have a problem with your English?" he asked. After the guard had got another colleague and unpacked the entire contents of all my luggage, they decided to let me back out.

Honestly, you can't do right for doing wrong sometimes!!

One day I'm gonna go across the big pond and meet some of you folks. I hope its not quite as difficult as visiting Israel!

Have a great day everyone!

• compound complex
    compound complex

A good day to all!

Thanks, emo, for your account. I hope your English has "improved"!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

*sigh*

Ok let's weigh this up:

It's peeing down with rain.

I've had four customers all day (5 and a half hours)

I've been verbally abused by two of them - well that's freakin' *christians* for ya!

I've got another hour to stay open but I'm honestly so fed up I think I'm gonna close early and concentrate on my admin work.

I just don't need everybody elses crap, I don't want to get dragged down

Hope everyone else is having a more fulfilling day

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

(((((Emo))))) What a crappy way to end the week!

It's a cold and blustery day here, dusty snow swirling about in the wind. We had a flash freeze last night, and it's cold, -6C without the wind chill! Going to get even colder by Sunday. So, since it's going to be so cold, hubby and I have decided we are going to stay in all day Sunday, rent some movies, order a pizza and hunker down infront of the woodstove.

Hope everyone else is keeping warm and dry.

BB

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Okay... workwise, I've achieved lots, but none of it was what I intended to achieve today - that'll have to wait for another day.

I have loads of things that I'd like to do on a rainy day, but this rainy day has been too busy to do any of them.

Looking forward to getting home tonight and opening a bottle of red

Ms Emo, if you do mail order, I can be a customer for today - did you have any luck with the pocket sized NCV ?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    did you have any luck with the pocket sized NCV ?

Hi AO - these have finally arrived on the UK market. I checked on an American site that they are definitely pocket size and not the 'compact/personal' size which often passes as pocket size! Unfortunately we aren't as big as Eden so we'd have to charge full price. I won't be offended if you get it from them but if you'd like to order from us, let me know and I'll pm you some instructions! (We have our own web shop but I don't want to post a link on here)

http://www.eden.co.uk/christianbooks/search.php?keyword=ncv+pocket&orderfilter=&direction=&pricegroup=&series_id=&category_id=14&filterfield=&filtervalue=&filtertype=

Only another 15 mins to closing!! I think I'm gonna go home and down the whole bottle of Bucks Fizz which I got for Christmas! Don't laugh - I don't normally drink alcohol so it'll probably be strong enough to get me completely drunk lol!

Bumble Bee, I think that in previous years, all this rain we've had would have fallen as snow, but its just too warm as we haven't had the cold weather systems from the Arctic this year.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest and most faithful of friends,

Your posts have cheered me - not that I am gleed by your despair. I am happy simply that you've shared on YDJ.

Hours earlier I was contemplating a permanent debranchment of all connections ...

Mood swings ... sigh....

Love,

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Ah (((CoCo))), life is such a rollercoaster at times but we have to just hold on tight, enjoy the scenery from the high points, head screaming towards the lows and feel the adrenaline rush heading for the next high. Occasionally we find ourselves in a corkscrew section though, then we can only hold on, grit our teeth, close our eyes and hope it doesn't make us sick!

Your new avatar is extremely gorgeous btw - I did love your old one too You remind me of Mulder from the X-Files.

I'm now at home, sitting with my back against a radiator, eating some Chinese pork, water chestnuts, noodles and 'egg flied lice'! One of my cats is next to me purring and hoping for some tidbits, but I'm so hungry there's nothing left for him - I'll give him the empty carton to lick!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Emo,

Loved your approach to the illustration of the rollercoaster ride. I think we'll all be fine - in the long run. Thanks!

Is Kitty cross with Mama for not sharing? Give a feline an inch and she thinks she's a ruler ...

Glad you like the new moi ... the resemblance to certain members of my family is uncanny. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it and was a bit fearful I was letting the cat outta the bag (not your cat!).

Grateful and moderate-to-profuse thanks,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit