by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sweet dreams, dear emo ...

CoCo

• *summer*
    *summer*

Dear Journal...

I have nothing of interest to say lately.

Then again, do I ever have anything of interest to say?

In any case, thank you for being here.

Nitey nite~

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Aaarrggghhh

I've gone NINE words over my limit! No problem, I'll read through it later and cut some of my 'descriptive' words out :-)

G'nite all!

• compound complex
    compound complex

HOW TO STOP WORRYING AND START LIVING, by Dale Carnegie:

An inscription on the ruins of a 15th Century cathedral in Amsterdam, Holland. This inscription says in Flemish: “It is so. It cannot be otherwise.” As you and I march across the decades of time, we are going to meet a lot of unpleasant situations that are so. They cannot be otherwise. We have our choice. We can either accept them as inevitable and adjust ourselves to them, or we can ruin our lives with rebellion and maybe end up with a nervous breakdown.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ibid:

Obviously, circumstances alone do not make us happy or unhappy. It is the way we react to circumstances that determines our feelings.

I spent 12 years working with cattle; yet I never saw a Jersey cow running a temperature because the pasture was burning up from a lack of rain or because of sleet and cold or because her boy friend was paying too much attention to another heifer. The animals confront night, storms, and hunger calmly; so they never have nervous breakdowns or stomach ulcer; and they never go insane.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear *summer*,

Your presence, not absence of words, is what matters.

A few well-chosen words can soothe a troubled soul or topple a kingdom ...

So there!

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good morning all!! (well its just gone afternoon here!)

We have bad weather here today - cold, very wet and very windy. The shop isn't busy but I have lots of other things to do anyway (like posting here lol!).

I managed to trim my essay down to within the word limit, I just need to email it to the college now - I hope their internet is working as they are in the far north of Scotland and the weather has been really bad all week - lots of places without electricity.

That's all I have to report for now.

CoCo - those words by Dale Carnegie could hace been written by Ecclesiastes himself!!

Have a good day everyone, however much of it you have left!

• new boy
    new boy

CoCo

A man is as much responsible for the evil he does....as the evil he LETS happen.

The most powerful pray a man can make is "God take me were I need to go"

Not were "I want to go"

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey there, new boy!

*God take me were I need to go*

Good advice for those of us who are still searching. The other point you made about allowing evil reminded me that there are sins of commission and omission. Failure to step up to the plate when necessary can mark one as an accomplice to wrongdoing, IMHO. Of course, we also have that quotation about evil triumphing when good men do nothing.

Thank you for your thoughts.

CoCo

• *summer*
    *summer*

Dear Journal...

It is really true that life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.

Just as I was so motivated and doing so well with my New Year intentions...back to gym, back to yoga class, and what-not. I go for a 'follow-up' doctor appointment this morning and it all falls apart. I know that many on this forum have serious health problems. And I am most certainly NOT trying to minimise their situation. It's just that at this early stage, "my" problem is the centre of "my" universe:-(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit