Your View On BREASTFEEDING In Public

by minimus 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

I dont get why this is even worthy of a discussion. People do offensive things in public all the time and yet for some strange reason, breastfeeding is included in inappropriate social behaviour??

Give me a break and get over it already.

Jez

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Women should be encouraged to breast feed in public -and they certainly should NOT have to go into a dirty rest room to do it

• ninja
    ninja

hey Xena if breast feeding was a pain in the ass...I think you were doing it wrong...he he

• new boy
    new boy

There is nothing better then a mothers milk......and it comes in 2 very attractive containers!

• winnie
    winnie
    I was at a congregational picnic, baby #1 was happily suckling away, some clueless single guy friends came over to see the little one. Doug stuck his face down really close. He was very embarrassed when he realized what was happening.

LOL

I breasfed all my children for a little while, and always had a blanket handy. Most times people don't have a clue what you are doing. But at KH was the most difficult as everyone else's embarressment at showing some skin, even accidently, made it awkward. Some sisters even offerred their [well meaning?] advice that it should be done in private so as not to offend anyone.

My reply....If you don't wnat to be offended, then don't look...and you go somewhere else!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    Is it a mom's right??

No! It's a Child's Right - To Eat!

so why would it be any different having to go into the restroom to feed it too?

When was the last time you had to eat in a rest room? Would you ask your children to eat in a public rest room? Gross!

• Mary
    Mary
    Breasts, and breastfeeding, are natural.

So is going to the bathroom, but I wouldn't appreciate it if someone did it in public right in front of me. As for breastfeeding in public, I don't have a problem with it as long as they're discreet and as long as the mother is covered. I think people tend to get 'offended' when the woman just whips out her boob for all to see and isn't covered.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

If done discretely, no problem. Cover up and feed away.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    Sex is in the mind. A baby on a real breastfeeding boob is not "sexy" but, all the much so, a beautiful thing.

Skeeter

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

by the way minimus I just want to state for the record this is a good sensible meaningful thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit